|Page (1) of 1 - 05/11/11||email article||print page|
Consumer, Dealer Interest in CarShield Surges After OnStar FMV Promo on The Celebrity Apprentice(May 11, 2011)
Sunnyvale, CA (PRWEB) May 11, 2011
CarShield, an aftermarket vehicle safety, security and convenience alternative to OnStar FMV, is experiencing a huge surge in interest from consumers, auto retailers and auto electronics installers as a result of OnStars promotion on last Sundays The Celebrity Apprentice.
According to Google analytics, CarShield website hits have increased by 417%, with new visitors spending more time on the site than from the week prior to the OnStar FMV introduction on Sundays The Celebrity Apprentice, said Scott Nesbit, VP of Business Development at CarShield. Phone calls from new customers since the show aired are challenging our abilities to respond, as well.
During Sundays The Celebrity Apprentice, Team ASAP -- Meat Loaf, Star Jones and Marlee Matlin -- chose to focus their commercial on OnStar FMVs theft-deterrent features. They lost the challenge to Team Backbone, Lil John and John Rich, who focused their efforts on promoting the products safety features.
Its no wonder the theft-deterrent positioning didnt work, Nesbit said, given any intelligent car thief would simply break off the windshield-mounted OnStar FMV rearview mirror and toss it aside before driving off in the victims vehicle. The CarShield alternative, on the other hand, is not visible due to its covert installation. No thief would even know the CarShield device is installed and after driving off CarShield would notify the police.
Consumers can experience live demonstrations of CarShields capabilities. Live demos of CarShield ST-300 and ST-500 models installed in company employees vehicles can be accessed in demo mode via the web or by iPhone and Android phones.
To meet this new demand, CarShield also is looking to expand its network of installers and retailers, including new car dealerships, to sell and install CarShield. Consumers who recently have purchased a new vehicle are encouraged to contact the dealer where they purchased the car to inquire about CarShield and DealerSync(SM) availability. DealerSync is a dealership tool that enables the dealers service department to engage a permission-based consumers vehicle service and maintenance needs to help the consumer keep the vehicle in peak operating and fuel economy performance.
Both CarShield and OnStar FMV are aftermarket telematics devices. This technology sends, receives and stores information effecting vehicle operations, including automatic crash detection, 24/7 emergency services and more. CarShield, however, offers consumers more safety, security, convenience and diagnostic benefits than does OnStar FMV.
CarShield is available now online at http://www.mycarshield.com, from local new-car dealers, Amazon.com or from local, select retailers. OnStar FMV will not be available until this summer and only through Best Buy and other retailers.
OnStar FMV must be professionally installed on any make or model vehicle. CarShield has models for do-it-yourself quick plug-in or for professional installation. CarShield works on any 1996 and later make or model. Retail pricing is similar for either product. Only CarShield features integrated engine diagnostics and alerts as standard.
These devices help save lives and protect property. Citing national vehicle accident and FBI statistics, Nesbit said every 14 seconds someone is injured in a car crash, that 30% of all fatal accidents are due to excessive speeds, and that two vehicles a minute are stolen. CarShield and similar telematics products that monitor and report vehicle functions can speed emergency response when needed, monitor vehicles to promote safe vehicle speeds, and prevent vehicle theft.
Consumers are encouraged to compare CarShield versus OnStar FMV. Overall, the CarShield team outperforms this newcomer in these key consumer benefit categories.
- More robust driver safety features, including nationwide automatic crash detection, 24/7 emergency assistance, plus exclusive alerts for key safety functions such as brakes, engine acceleration, excessive speed, and engine temperature, as well as door unlock and low and dead battery alerts.
More than 50 million roadside assistance calls are made each year, with a substantial number for door-unlock and dead battery services. Many of these calls and potentially unsafe situations could be avoided by using CarShield standard technology and services available to consumers today.
- More advanced vehicle security protection, including GPS-based locate and track stolen vehicle features, door unlock (no need to wait hours for a third-party locksmith as dispatched by OnStar FMV), alarm notification, starter disable, unauthorized movement and more.
- Greater consumer convenience, with 24/7 live customer help line, web interface access and iPhone / Android apps, remote start, trip logs and reports, and system transferability.
- Exclusive to CarShield, professional-grade DealerSync engine diagnostics (engine diagnostics not available on OnStar FMV) to help consumers and their dealers keep their vehicles in top performance for maximum MPG.
OnStar FMV does offer an optional turn-by-turn navigation module, at additional cost, but given so many drivers today use smartphones having built-in GPS functionality this option would seem to be of small interest to many consumers, Nesbit said.
To learn more about CarShield, go to http://www.mycarshield.com or call 888-244-1611.
- CarShield and the CarShield emblem are the registered trademarks of CarShield Services Inc. DealerSync is a Service Mark of CarShield Services Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- OnStar and the OnStar emblem are registered trademarks of OnStar, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- "The Apprentice", "The Celebrity Apprentice" and all related logos and slogans TM and © 2010 JMBP, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Information provided in this news release is gathered from public sources including but not limited to CarShield website at http://www.mycarshield.com and from OnStar website at http://www.onstar.com and the NBC website at http://www.nbc.com/the-apprentice/
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/5/prweb8413153.htm.
Related Keywords:automotive equipment, restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, trade policy, trade balance, automotive equipment, telecommunication service, financial and business service, consultancy service, legal service, shipping service, personal service, janitorial service, rental service, wedding service, auction service, printing/promotional service, investment service, satellite and cable service, automotive equipment, new service, medical service, civil and public service, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence,