|Page (1) of 1 - 03/21/12||email article||print page|
Companies Worldwide Flock to Neo4j to Make Their Applications Social(March 21, 2012)
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/21/12 -- Neo Technology today announced that several high profile companies such as Adobe, Viadeo, megree, CareerArc, and Wazoku have adopted Neo4j to solve social graph complexities and meet the high query performance levels required at Internet scale. Neo4j, the world's leading graph database, is uniquely suited to handle the exponential growth and massive connected data challenges associated with the social graph. With remarkable traction from partners and customers across online services, Telco and MDM markets, and thousands of successful deployments worldwide, Neo4j is the most widely adopted and trusted graph database.
Graphs Are Everywhere
The social graph leverages information across a range of networks to understand the relationships between individuals. As websites scale from zero to millions of users, traditional relational databases degrade to paralyzing levels of performance. Graph databases, based on decades of research, model and query connected data without performance degradation as the size of the graph grows. According to a blog post by Forrester analyst, James Kobielus, the market for graph databases will boom in 2012 as companies everywhere adopt them for social media analytics. Social graph analysis, although not a brand-new field, will become one of the most prestigious specialties in the data science arena.(1)
Graphs Databases Make Your App Social
From professional networking to collaborative creativity, Neo4j enables organizations to transform user experiences by leveraging the social graph. Its technology allows developers to harness the social graph to develop applications for tasks as diverse as finding a job to sharing ideas within a workspace. Neo4j is the enabling technology for revolutionizing the entire working environment for organizations of all sizes, across all industries, as companies move their focus from silo-ed activities to social capabilities involving users' professional and personal networks.
Companies Are Choosing Neo4j
Some Neo4j use cases include:
- Trailblazer Adobe currently leverages Neo4j to add social capabilities to the cloud. Adobe chose Neo4j to empower its new Creative Cloud, which provides a new array of services to media enthusiasts and professionals. With Neo4j, Adobe is able to store large amounts of connected data across three continents, while maintaining high query performance.
- Europe's leading professional network, Viadeo, integrated Neo4j to store all of its users and relationships. Viadeo currently has 40 million professionals in its network and required a solution that is easy to use and capable of handling major expansion. Upon integration, Viadeo accelerated its system performance by more than 200 percent.
- megree, a social business SaaS offering, chose Neo4j for its scalability, REST API and high availability. Neo4j's ability to scale and ability to handle heavy logic issues encouraged megree "to make the product stronger than originally envisioned."
- CareerArc Group applications use popular social networks to connect employers with job and internship seekers. CareerArc recently implemented Neo4j in its 'Who Do You Know' application on Facebook.
- Wazoku is an idea management business that captures ideas online and shares information with other teams. It is directed toward companies that are spread across locations, and lack an easy route to contact another department. When Wazoku visualizes its data, it is expressed as a network or a graph. Thus, Neo4j was an intuitive choice for its ability to handle connected, complex data.
Key benefits of Neo4j
- As the graph grows, query performance stays constant. Users can ask questions such as "Who are all my contacts in Europe?" and "Which of my contacts ordered from this catalog?" Neo4j can traverse complex graphs with improvements of 1000x or more compared to SQL and other NOSQL databases.
- If you can whiteboard, you can design a graph database. The graph data model simplifies application development. Enterprises can quickly capture all kinds of data -- structured, semi-structured, and unstructured -- and easily store it in Neo4j. This results in shorter development times, lower maintenance costs and higher performance.
- Mature support for transactions so that enterprise developers can execute "all or nothing" transactions. Neo4j supports full ACID transactions.
"We've seen first hand that socially enabled applications are gravitating towards graph databases because other types of databases are not effective for managing relationships between millions of users with multiple connections. A graph database is the ideal solution for any application that relies on the relationships between records. We've been developing Neo4j for 11 years and have been in production for nine. While other companies are beginning to deliver graph database technology, Neo4j is the most widely adopted solution on the market with the level of experience and confidence necessary to solve today's most challenging connected data problems."
--Emil Eifrem, CEO, Neo Technology
"Neo4j is the best possible choice when it comes to managing and storing our connected data. We have only scraped the surface for Neo4j's capabilities and look forward to further expanding its benefits throughout our organization."
--Travlin McCormack, CTO, CareerArc
"We originally anticipated using Neo4j only for showing paths between users, however Neo4j's ability to quickly traverse the graph and manage complex graph objects, has enabled us to make the product stronger than originally envisioned."
--Kevin Dieter, Co-founder and CTO, megree
"Our quick growth forced us to always be up-to-date with brand new technologies. We evaluated all of the NoSQL databases and chose Neo4j as our graph database for its performance and the simplicity of the solution."
--Christophe Thibault, CTO, Viadeo
Tweet this: Companies Worldwide Flock to @Neo4j to Make Their Websites Social http://bit.ly/oUEeZH #graphdatabase #nosql #graphdb
Neo Technology and Thoughtworks will host a joint webinar, 'How (and why) to add social capabilities to your website' on Monday, March 26 at 10AM Pacific Time; 19:00 CET (Central Europe). Register for the webinar here: http://bit.ly/neo4j-social
- For more information visit: neotechnology.com
- Community site: http://neo4j.org/
- Link to company press page: http://neotechnology.com/about-us/press/
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/neo4j
About Neo Technology
Graphs are everywhere. From websites adding social capabilities to Telcos providing personalized customer services to innovative bioinformatics research, organizations are adopting graph databases as the best way to model and query connected data. Neo Technology researchers have pioneered graph databases since 2000 and have been instrumental in bringing the power of the social graph to customers such as Adobe, Cisco, and Deutsche Telekom. Now in production for nine years, Neo4j is the world's leading graph database with the largest ecosystem of partners and tens of thousands of successful deployments worldwide.
Neo Technology is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, Germany, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit www.neotechnology.com
(1) Forrester Research Inc., December 19, 2011, "The Year Ahead In Big Data? Big, Cool, New Stuff Looms Large!" http://blogs.forrester.com/james_kobielus/11-12-19-the_year_ahead_in_big_data_big_cool_new_stuff_looms_large
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: enterprise graph database, Neo4j, Neo Technology, NOSQL, enterprise open source database, Applications, Productivity Applications, Networking, Database, Internet, Business Issues, Other Applications, Open Source, Other, Social Media, Internet Server Applications, Management, CTO/CIO, CEO/CFO, Germany, Marketwire, Inc., , Internet Technology, Computer Science, Business, Internet, Science, Other,