|Page (1) of 1 - 10/14/03||email article||print page|
Combustion 3 Begins RolloutNew version ships for Windows; Mac OS X upgrade expected in early 2004
Discreet had said earlier that the Mac version of Combustion would ship in 2004 and that the Windows version would ship in fall 2003, though all previous versions of Combustion were released simultaneously for Macintosh and Windows systems. (Discreet has also staggered development of its Cleaner encoding software, releasing the Mac version of Cleaner 6 first, then releasing Cleaner XL for Windows only.) In the meantime, those purchasing Combustion 2.1 still qualify for a free upgrade to Combustion 3 when it is released on the Mac next year.
- Performance optimizations in rendering, OpenGL acceleration, multi-processor support, extensive caching and multiple viewports;
- Advanced keying, color correction, tracking, grain management and masking tools adopted from Discreet Flame;
- Fully integrated particle system with real-time preview and OpenGL acceleration;
- Character generator for animated text;
- Advanced rotoscoping;
- Streamlined design environment;
- Fully editable and automated schematic view;
- Resolution-independent with 8-, 10-, 12-, 16- and 32-bit (float) per component image processing;
- Integration with Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3ds max and Maya;
- Network rendering and central job management across multiple systems.
Combustion 3 is available now for Windows. The Mac OS X version is expected to ship early in 2004. The full version runs $995, with upgrades from Combustion 2 costing $199. Those who purchased Combustion 2 Aug. 9 or later qualify for a free upgrade. For more information, visit http://www.discreet.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Combustion 3 Begins Rollout
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved