|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/12||email article||print page|
ComSci to Present Best Practices in Technology Financial and Business Management at ITFMA's Financial World of Information Technology ConferenceSubject Matter Experts to Highlight How ComSci's IT Financial and Business Management Solutions Increase Value for the Entire Organization (April 04, 2012)
ISELIN, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 -- ComSci, the award-winning technology financial and business management solutions company, announced today details of the sessions it will deliver during the IT Financial Management Association's (ITFMA) Financial World of Information Technology Conference, taking place in San Francisco from Monday, April 16 through Friday, April 20, 2012.
ComSci will have a prominent presence at the conference and several of its executives will lead presentations highlighting the company's award-winning SaaS-based IT financial management capabilities. The presentations include:
- Calculating the True Cost of IT Services - During this workshop, Brian Stedman, vice president of Product Management, and Ron Bradley, senior ITFBM consultant, will discuss the foundation of management technology and shared service costs and demonstrate how participants can develop a service-based unit cost design plan for their organization. The workshop will show participants how to benchmark and trend performance against industry standards and gain a better understanding of the unit costs and total cost of ownership (TCO) for delivering IT services. This event will be held on Tuesday, April 17 from 1:00 - 3:45 p.m.
- ITFM Best Practices: What Your Enterprise Planning Tools Can't Do - Jeff Yoder, ComSci's vice president of Strategic Partnerships and Global Marketing Strategies, will detail the aspects involved in automating the budgeting, forecasting and re-forecasting processes with complete version management. The session will include a broader discussion on why existing budgeting and planning tools are not adequate for meeting the demands of the modern enterprise. This lecture will be held on Wednesday, April 18 from 8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
- ComSci IT Financial and Business Management Software Demonstration - During this session, Stedman will show attendees how ComSci's automated costing, budgeting and forecasting, consumption reporting and demand management capabilities can be used to better analyze and manage IT finance. He will also explain the five key elements needed from IT financial management automation tools, provide tips for developing a roadmap to IT finance maturity and share best practices from ComSci's almost 60,000 users. This session will take place on Wednesday, April 18, from 4:00 - 4:45 p.m.
- ComSci's 25th Anniversary ITFMA Celebration & Reception - ComSci is hosting a reception to honor the 25th anniversary of ITFMA. During this two-hour networking event, guests can enjoy food and drinks as well as informal conversations with their peers. In addition to networking, attendees can also learn more about ComSci's award-winning IT financial and business management solutions. The reception will be held on Wednesday, April 18 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- ITFM Industry Best Practices: The Great Debate - During this panel discussion, Stedman will join other leading IT financial and business management professionals in a debate on the best practices of the ITFM industry. The debate will feature questions from a moderator and from the audience, focusing on topics including Tools vs. Process, Chargeback vs. Showback vs. Allocations, Build it Yourself vs. Buy a Tool, and Shadow IT Accounting vs. Change the General Ledger. This session will be held on Thursday, April 19 from 1:00 - 1:45 p.m.
- ITFM Best Practices: Chargeback is Not a Four-Letter Word - In this lecture, Yoder will discuss the difficulties organizations have had in incorporating IT chargeback processes into their IT business strategies and how they can be more successful by automating the cost recovery and consumption processes. He will explain the positive effects of the chargeback process for both producers and consumers of IT products and services and outline the tactical steps to achieve a successful chargeback strategy. This lecture will be held on Friday, April 20 from 8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
"Today's IT professionals face a number of challenges in their work, from getting bogged down in outdated, manual data aggregation processes to creating accurate budgeting and forecasting plans and developing effective showback/chargeback procedures," said Yoder. "To that end, we look forward to meeting with IT professionals during the conference and showing them how ComSci's industry-leading software solutions can help solve today's most complex IT management challenges, including application rationalization, cloud adoption, data center modernization and consolidation."
ComSci delivers Technology Financial and Business Management solutions and capabilities that empower organizations to implement more effective IT financial management processes and governance. Through decades of experience, strict adherence to ITIL technology financial management process guidelines and its suite of Web 2.0 IT finance and business solutions, ComSci helps IT organizations optimize technology costs by enhancing fact-based transparency and visibility, which in turn enables IT and business management to understand demand, utilization and value of its corporate technology resources. ComSci is headquartered in Iselin, New Jersey. ComSci has a growing number of clients for which it provides IT Financial Management capabilities including The McGraw-Hill Companies, The Bank of New York Mellon, Whirlpool, NYU Medical Center, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, SAP AG, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, AECOM, and UBS Investment Bank. Visit www.comsci.com for further information.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ITFM, ITFBM, IT financial management, chargeback, IT budgeting, IT forecasting , Finance, Sales & Marketing, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, IT Management, Finance, Management, IT Professionals, Finance/Accounting, Finance/Accounting, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Business, Marketing, Standards/Initiatives, Business Issues, Presentation, Marketing, Corporate/Company, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Networking, Financial, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Cancer, Business, Web 2.0, Other,