|Page (1) of 1 - 03/21/12||email article||print page|
Colleges and Universities Integrate Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to Help Streamline Information SharingPalomar College and Metropolitan Community College Successfully Integrate PeopleSoft HCM and Campus Solutions (March 21, 2012)
NASHVILLE, TN -- (Marketwire) -- 03/21/12 -- ALLIANCE '12 CONFERENCE - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Colleges and universities across the United States are now benefiting from the integration between Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.0 and Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) 9.0 or 9.1.
- Oracle's solutions for higher education are uniquely designed to meet the needs of modern institutions with Web-enabled capabilities -- such as online class registration, electronic pay stubs, enrollment analytics and enhanced communication tools -- that increase operational efficiency while minimizing costs.
- The secure, services-based integration between PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and PeopleSoft HCM enables colleges and universities to share key information between the two products. The integration provides seamless sharing of core person data -- students, faculty, staff, and alumni information -- between Campus Solutions and HCM solutions, which is a critical requirement of most Higher Education institutions where each person can be in multiple "roles" simultaneously and over time.
- This integration was delivered as part of Oracle's Feature Pack Continuous Delivery Model for PeopleSoft Applications, which underscores Oracle's commitment to provide new functionality to its customers on their current release. Feature Packs enable a quicker response to PeopleSoft customer requests, while giving customers the ultimate choice of how and when to deploy the new functionality to their users.
- Oracle hosted an Early Success Program for two institutions whose business needs drove them to implement the delivered integration as quickly as possible. Each institution chose a different approach for the integration and both institutions had successful, on time deployments.
Metropolitan Community College
- Metropolitan Community College, located in Kansas City, Missouri, has a student body population of more than 21,000 and nearly 3,000 employees across six locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- A PeopleSoft customer since 1999, Metropolitan Community College (MCC) decided to upgrade to PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 and PeopleTools 8.51 in March 2011. MCC was selected to be part of the Oracle Early Success Program, which provided support for the college's implementation of the integration between its PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions instances. The project was completed in October 2011.
- The main driver for the project was the successful upgrade to PeopleSoft HCM 9.1. At the same time, MCC wanted to maintain the integrity of the shared data of its employee and student population. MCC believes that the ability to have a single, accurate record for each person, regardless of how many roles they inhabit at the college, is key to providing excellent service to their students and employees.
- Since the majority of persons in the MCC system are students, the college took the approach of maintaining personal data in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, leveraging the delivered services which provide the seamless ability to keep personal data of its student, faculty and staff in sync in PeopleSoft HCM. It deployed enhancements to Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools, such as Related Content, to facilitate its business processes.
- Metropolitan Community College now runs PeopleSoft Human Resources, Payroll for North America, Benefits, Campus Solutions, and PeopleSoft Financial Management, including General Ledger, Asset Management and Purchasing.
- Palomar College, a two-year community college in San Diego county, implemented PeopleSoft HCM to Campus Solutions integration as a part of a PeopleSoft Applications upgrade.
- As a part of the project, Palomar College upgraded its existing PeopleSoft HCM to version 9.1, including Human Resources, Payroll for North America, and Benefits.
- The College has been live on Campus Solutions 9.0 since June 2008, supporting a population of 32,000 students.
- The success metric for Palomar in implementing the integration was to minimize change for its employees as they leveraged the new functionality of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1.
- It also needed to ensure continuity of services, such as admissions, registration and student account maintenance for the student population. And, since Palomar has employees in the student database and students who are employees, it needed to maintain a single accurate record for each person, regardless of where the personal data was updated.
- Palomar College chose the approach of updating person data in both instances (employee data in HCM, student data in Campus Solutions), which offered the least disruption in day-to-day user activities. Users were able to continue to use the system and many were not aware the significant architectural change had taken place.
- Palomar College was selected to be part of Oracle's Early Success Program. The project began in March 2011 and was completed in just seven months. Palomar College used an Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) partner to host and upgrade PeopleSoft HCM. The partner also provided primary support for the integration of the separate Campus Solutions and HCM instances.
- "At Metropolitan Community College, we wanted to upgrade our instance of Oracle's PeopleSoft HCM applications to take advantage of new features and functionality available in the most recent version. However, we needed to keep employee and student data separate, but be able to share that data between PeopleSoft HCM and Campus Solutions systems," said Patricia Amick, Director, Director of Administrative Systems & Management Services, Metropolitan Community College. "We found that installing the integration for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 was relatively straightforward and now the data flows virtually seamlessly."
- "Oracle's PeopleSoft applications are critical to our operations," said Don Sullins, IS Director, Palomar College. "We needed to upgrade to PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 and chose the Subscriber Only model because it maintained the flow of information between HCM and Campus Solutions that our users had become accustomed to. As a result, the upgrade and implementation of the integration went so smoothly that we believe the end user community did not notice the changes made on the back end."
- "The majority of our higher education customers have historically run Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions in a single database. As we continue to deliver additional features and functionality each year as a part of our feature pack delivery model, the integration services help higher education institutions seamlessly share relevant information," said Mark Armstrong, vice president, Higher Education Product Development, Oracle. "The integration is designed to help colleges and universities operate more efficiently so they can concentrate on providing educational and administrative services that are critical to the success of their campus constituents."
- Oracle's PeopleSoft 9.1
- Oracle in Higher Education
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Financial Management
- Video: PeopleSoft Continuous Delivery Model
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
- Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, customers, Oracle, PeopleSoft, colleges, HCM, campus solutions, integration, Applications,Human Resources,Education,asset management,Database,Hardware,Other,Management,Human Resources,Human Resources,USA,Marketwire, ,Financial,Asset Management,Management Services,Business,Other,