|Page (1) of 1 - 06/20/12||email article||print page|
Cobra Takes Radar/Laser/Camera Detection to a Whole New Level of Power, Performance and Ergonomic Convenience With Release of Cobra Vedetta SLR 650GBroad Array of Powerful New Features and Virtually Unlimited Mounting Options Ensures Driving Peace-of-Mind and the Ultimate Driving Experience (June 20, 2012)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 06/20/12 -- Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced the general availability of Cobra Vedetta SLR 650G, a breakthrough advancement in radar, laser and camera detection that sets a new benchmark in performance, form factor, and ergonomics at the high end of the market.
The Cobra® Vedetta SLR 650G delivers a 30 percent increase in performance over Cobra's current flagship model, providing superior range and maximum warning time to react to potential threats. Mounting radar/laser detectors on the center of the windshield has historically been critical for performance, but is not ideal for driver visibility as well as unit concealment. The SLR 650G solves this problem, thanks to a 2.4-inch TFT color LCD display on a multi-axis hinge and a ball-socket suction cup mounting bracket, which allows almost unlimited flexibility to mount the detector virtually anywhere on the car's windshield or dash. The display can be rotated 270 degrees vertically and 60 degrees horizontally.
In addition to setting a new benchmark among detection systems for convenience and driver ergonomics, the Cobra Vedetta SLR 650G offers an integrated GPS receiver and free, lifetime access to its AURA national database of speed/red-light cameras and known speed trap locations.
Cobra Vedetta SLR 650G Highlights:
- Industry's first detection system with 2.4-inch full-color, high-def display with intuitive graphical user interface
- Integrated GPS Receiver and AURA Speed/Red-Light Camera and Known Speed Traps database alerts the driver well in advance of location-based threats with coverage throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Industry's first detection system that allows mounting virtually anywhere on the car's windshield or dash for increased performance and visibility
- Maximum range and selectivity for advance warnings on all radar and laser guns currently utilized in the U.S.
- Industry's first detector with multi-axis hinge display
- IntelliMute speed-sensitive muting system virtually eliminates false alerts and automatically mutes unwanted alerts below user-set engine RPM level
- Voice Alert -- Provides band-specific annunciation of the radar/laser gun being detected
- Backlit touch-sensor controls for easy configuration/customization, while eliminating display smudging
- SmartPower -- Automatically shuts power to the unit when the ignition is turned off
- POP Mode Radar Gun Detection -- Detects ultra-fast, Instant-On radar guns
- Signal Strength Meter -- Provides range proximity of the radar guns detected
- 8-Point GPS Compass provides vehicle-heading information
- User-selectable Speed Alert -- Alerts the driver when the vehicle exceeds user-set speed limit
- User-marked locations can be stored in unit's memory
- New IntelliShield -- Quad-level False Signal Rejection System reduces false alerts in densely populated urban areas
"Our overriding goal with the development of the Cobra Vedetta series was to deliver the comfort, convenience and performance needed to ensure peace-of-mind and the ultimate driving experience for the true driving enthusiast," said Sally Washlow, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Cobra Electronics. "We believe the SLR 650G achieves that goal with a series of advancements that have created the new benchmark for both safety and performance among premium radar/laser detectors."
Pricing & Availability:
The new Cobra Vedetta SLR 650G is available effective today from leading retailers nationwide, and at www.cobra.com with an MSRP of $309.95 and everyday retail pricing of $299.95.
About Cobra Electronics:
Cobra Electronics is a leading global designer and marketer of communication and navigation products, with a track record of delivering innovative and award-winning products. Building upon its leadership position in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio, radar detector and Citizens Band radio industries, Cobra identified new growth opportunities and has aggressively expanded into the marine market and has expanded its European operations. The Consumer Electronics Association, Forbes and Deloitte & Touche have all recognized Cobra for the company's innovation and industry leadership. To learn more about Cobra Electronics, please visit the Cobra site at www.cobra.com.
Follow Cobra on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CobraElectronic and Like Us at www.facebook.com/CobraElectronics.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: radar detector, radar detection, vedetta, 650G, laser detector, speed trap, cobra electronics, Camera, Displays, Communications, Consumer Electronics, Display, Camera/Film, Prosumer/Consumer, Flat Panel Display (LCD/Plasma, etc.), Consumer Electronics, Consumer Technology, Consumer Electronics, Canada, USA, Marketwire, Consumer Electronics,