|Page (1) of 1 - 01/09/12||email article||print page|
Cobra Sets a New Benchmark in Radar/Laser Detection With Unveiling of Cobra Vedetta(TM) Series at 2012 International CESNew Breakthrough in Automotive Safety Sets New Standard in Ergonomics, Range, Advanced Features and Driving Peace-of-Mind (January 09, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/12 -- 2012 INTERNATIONAL CES -- Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced it will preview the new Cobra Vedetta series, a stunning new automotive industry advancement in radar and laser detection, to an expected audience of more than 140,000 consumer electronics industry representatives from more than 140 countries around the world at the 2012 International CES. Cobra is showcasing the Cobra Vedetta line and the rest of its 2012 product lineup in Booth #9839 in the Central Hall at the 2012 CES exhibition taking place this week at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The 2012 International CES event runs January 10-13, 2012.
Cobra Vedetta -- The New Standard in Radar/Laser Detection
The Cobra® Vedetta Ultimate Detection Systems Series set the new standard in radar/laser detection system. The revolutionary detection system boasts a 30 percent increase in performance over Cobra's current flagship model, providing stellar range and more than ample time to react to potential threats. The Vedetta line sports a 2.4-inch TFT color LCD display on a multi-axis hinge and a ball-socket suction cup mounting bracket, which allows the driver to mount the detector virtually anywhere on the windshield or dash of their automobile. The display can be rotated 270 degrees vertically and 60 degrees horizontally. Mounting radar/laser detectors on the center of the windshield has historically been critical for performance, but is not necessarily ideal for driver visibility as well as unit concealment.
In addition to setting a new benchmark among detection systems for form factor and driver ergonomics, Cobra offers an integrated GPS receiver and free, lifetime access to its AURA national database of speed/red-light cameras and known speed trap locations.
Cobra Vedetta Series Key Features and Highlights:
- Maximum range and selectivity for advance warnings on all radar and laser guns currently utilized in the U.S.
- Integrated GPS Receiver and AURA Speed/Red-Light Camera and Known Speed Traps database alerts the driver well in advance of location-based threats with coverage throughout the U.S. and Canada (available on SLR 650G)
- Industry's first detection system with 2.4-inch full-color, high-def display with intuitive graphical user interface
- Backlit touch-sensor controls for easy configuration/customization, while eliminating display smudging
- Industry's first detection system that allows mounting virtually anywhere on the car's windshield or dash for increased performance and visibility
- Industry's first detector with multi-axis hinge display
- IntelliMute speed-sensitive muting system virtually eliminates false alerts and automatically mutes unwanted alerts below user-set engine RPM level
- Voice Alert -- Provides band-specific annunciation of the radar/laser gun being detected
- SmartPower -- Automatically shuts power to the unit when the ignition is turned off
- POP Mode Radar Gun Detection -- Detects ultra-fast, Instant-On radar guns
- Signal Strength Meter -- Provides range proximity of the radar guns detected
- 8-Point GPS Compass provides vehicle-heading information (available on SLR 600 and SLR 650G)
- User-selectable Speed Alert -- Alerts the driver when the vehicle exceeds user-set speed limit
- User-marked locations can be stored in unit's memory (up to 1,000 locations)
- New IntelliShield -- Quad-level False Signal Rejection System reduces false alerts in densely populated urban areas
With industry-leading range, ergonomic convenience and selectivity, the Cobra Vedetta line is designed to maximize driver comfort, safety and situational awareness of the driving environment, thereby reducing the risk of accidents and traffic violations.
Pricing & Availability:
The new Cobra Vedetta series is expected to be available nationwide in Q2 with pricing from $199.95 to $299.95.
About Cobra Electronics:
Cobra Electronics is a leading global designer and marketer of communication and navigation products, with a track record of delivering innovative and award-winning products. Building upon its leadership position in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio, radar detector and Citizens Band radio industries, Cobra identified new growth opportunities and has aggressively expanded into the marine market and has expanded its European operations. The Consumer Electronics Association, Forbes and Deloitte & Touche have all recognized Cobra for the company's innovation and industry leadership. To learn more about Cobra Electronics, please visit the Cobra site at www.cobra.com. Follow Cobra on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CobraElectronic and Like Us at www.facebook.com/CobraElectronics.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: smartphone, security, laptop security, bluetooth, mobile app, smartphone security, Computers/Peripherals, Camera, Displays, Notebook/Laptop, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Notebooks, Security, Smart Phone, Security, Database, Business Issues, Threats, Consumer Electronics, Display, Camera/Film, Prosumer/Consumer, Flat Panel Display (LCD/Plasma, etc.), Consumer Electronics, Handheld PC/PDA, Consumer Technology, Consumer Electronics, Canada, USA, Marketwire, , CES Attendees, Sports, Consumer Electronics, Communications Technology, Sports,