|Page (1) of 1 - 01/09/12||email article||print page|
Cobra Electronics Unveils Cobra Tag(TM) G5 at 2012 International CESNew Loss Prevention System for Personal Valuables Features Six Month Battery Life (January 09, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/12 -- 2012 INTERNATIONAL CES -- Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced it will unveil the new Cobra Tag G5 to press and attendees from around the world at the 2012 International CES. This exciting new loss prevention system has already been recognized by the CEA with a prestigious International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Award. Cobra is showcasing Cobra Tag G5 and the rest of its award-winning product lineup throughout the duration of the CES conference at Booth #9839 in the Central Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center. The 2012 International CES event runs January 10-13, 2012.
Cobra Tag G5 -- the Intelligent, Affordable Personal Loss Prevention System
Occasionally misplacing smartphones, keys, handbags and other essentials is a frustrating and oftentimes costly fact of life for most people. Cobra Tag G5, powered by PhoneHalo technology, is a highly affordable loss-prevention system that solves this vexing problem by warning users not to forget their personal valuables. The system consists of a small, sleek key fob device paired with a free companion smartphone app. The system uses Bluetooth® wireless technology and a separation alarm to link the user's valuables to their smartphone -- ensuring Cobra customers never leave their valuables behind. The system monitors the distance between the phone and tagged items and produces an audible alert if they become separated.
The new Cobra Tag G5 is a Bluetooth Smart device that takes loss prevention to a whole new level by leveraging the benefits of the new Bluetooth v4.0 Low-Energy (BLE) standard. Among its host of powerful new capabilities, Cobra Tag G5 offers:
- Bluetooth Smart Battery Life -- Cobra Tag G5 lasts more than 6 months without charging. The new smartphone app monitors the device's battery life and will alert users when their battery is running low and their device needs to be recharged.
- iPhone® 4S compatibility -- Cobra Tag G5 is interoperable with new and future smartphones equipped with Bluetooth v4.0.
- Notification Radius -- Both the Cobra Tag G5 unit and the smartphone can be set to alert the user when leaving their items behind, and offers bi-directional protection.
- Finder -- The phone or tablet device can be used to find the user's tagged objects through an audible alarm triggered in the app. The user can also use the Cobra Tag G5 device to cause their phone to ring.
- Automatic Geo-Tagging -- The Cobra Tag G5 automatically records the last known location of their valuables and provides the owner this information through the app, email, social media, and the web to easily recover their items.
Pricing & Availability:
The new Cobra Tag G5 is expected to be available nationwide in Q2 with a MSRP of $59.95.
About Cobra Electronics:
Cobra Electronics is a leading global designer and marketer of communication and navigation products, with a track record of delivering innovative and award-winning products. Building upon its leadership position in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio, radar detector and Citizens Band radio industries, Cobra identified new growth opportunities and has aggressively expanded into the marine market and has expanded its European operations. The Consumer Electronics Association, Forbes and Deloitte & Touche have all recognized Cobra for the company's innovation and industry leadership. To learn more about Cobra Electronics, please visit the Cobra site at www.cobra.com. Follow Cobra on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CobraElectronic and Like Us at www.facebook.com/CobraElectronics.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: smartphone, security, laptop security, bluetooth, mobile app, smartphone security, Computers/Peripherals, Internet, Notebook/Laptop, WiFi/Wireless, Tablets, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Web, Notebooks, Security, Smart Phone, Security, EMail, Social Media, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Security, Social Media, Consumer Electronics, Prosumer/Consumer, Consumer Electronics, Phone, Handheld PC/PDA, Consumer Technology, Consumer Electronics, email, Marketwire, , CES Attendees, Consumer Electronics, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Email, Other,