|Page (1) of 1 - 07/18/12||email article||print page|
Clustrix Delivers Scale-Out SQL DBaaS for Big Data Applications With New Cloud EconomicsClustrix Version 4.0 Addresses Needs of Real-Time Big Data Applications, Improves Management Insight, Introduces Transparent DBaaS Pricing Without Limitations (July 18, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/18/12 -- Clustrix, the scale-out SQL database for Big Data applications, today announced high-performance SQL database offerings that deliver new cloud economics while addressing the real-time needs of customers building applications at the intersection of Big Data, cloud and agile development.
Clustrix high-performance SQL DBaaS
Clustrix released a high-performance SQL database-as-a-service (DBaaS) that extends Clustrix's scalability, performance and availability to the cloud. The Clustrix DBaaS introduces simple, transparent pricing (www.clustrix.com/pricing) with no meters or limits on transactions, data size or number of users.
Public cloud platforms provide compelling development environments, but as applications scale in production, they have been plagued by unpredictable costs and undesirable complexity. The Clustrix DBaaS addresses these issues by providing:
- Lower and predictable pricing with no hidden surprises, with a 1TB fault-tolerant configuration priced 30% less than a similar Amazon relational database service (RDS) implementation
- Real-time access for applications with high transaction throughput for both simple and complex queries
- Real-time recovery from failures, providing fault tolerance and high availability with no operator intervention
- Real-time application innovation with familiar SQL or key-value programming models and rapid insight into DB performance optimization
In addition to its pioneering pricing approach, the Clustrix high-performance SQL DBaaS breaks new ground in a number of other ways, including:
- The first-ever scale-out SQL DBaaS using Flash Storage (SSD), providing terabytes of capacity with blazing-fast read and write performance
- The only self-healing SQL DBaaS with a true distributed architecture (http://youtu.be/F5ZK8aVv75w) avoiding the downtime, complexity and cost of master-slave approaches
- The first to offer, included with the DBaaS price, database administration (DBA) on demand: an expert team of Clustrix support staff that works with customers to optimize database performance
"By offering our high-performance scale-out SQL database both as a service and as a private cloud appliance, Clustrix is bringing radical simplicity to the Big Data database market wherever customers want to run their applications," said Robin Purohit, president and CEO of Clustrix. "We overcome limitations of legacy database architectures (http://youtu.be/rBJ9GluIhF8) and new in-memory databases that create pricing and TCO surprises as applications scale. In this way, Clustrix enables application developers to innovate using the power of SQL and exploit the new cloud economics, both in development and production."
Clustrix Version 4.0 high-performance transactional SQL database
Clustrix also announced Clustrix Version 4.0, a significant upgrade to its high-performance transactional SQL database. Version 4.0 offers a set of industry-first innovations:
- A Dev-Ops management console with comprehensive system and query performance insight
- Big Data backup that provides constant, extremely fast parallel backup and restore, regardless of database size
- Native support for JSON documents, enabling agile, schema-less development without sacrificing transactions or consistency
"Clustrix Version 4.0 reveals the smarts under the hood of our database," said Sergei Tsarev, CTO of Clustrix. "Because it is both application- and system-aware, version 4.0 lets developers and system administrators view application and database interactions, as well as overall system health and performance, with a new level of clarity. As a result, they will spend less time troubleshooting the database and more time optimizing applications to propel their businesses forward."
Early users of Clustrix Version 4.0 have already begun confirming the usefulness of the new version's management tools.
"The management capabilities provided to us by Clustrix 4.0 gave us new insight into query performance across the database, immediately detecting several long-standing bad queries that were dragging down our website performance," said Sanjay Kharb, director of Technical Operations for MakeMyTrip, a leading travel site. "We were able to find and fix these bad queries in the first 48 hours of installing the Clustrix solution."
Clustrix is the scale-out SQL database for Big Data applications. Clustrix provides a radically simple SQL database that enables applications to scale to unlimited users, transactions and data, while eliminating database sharding and automating fault tolerance. More than 125 Clustrix nodes are in production in web applications around the globe, with more than 500 billion transactions per month running through Clustrix databases worldwide. Customers include Symantec, AOL, MakeMyTrip, Photobox, and Massive Media.
Clustrix has its headquarters in San Francisco, with branch offices in Seattle and London. It was founded and is led by executives from companies such as Isilon, AOL, HP, Mercury Interactive and VERITAS, and it is backed by Sequoia Capital, U.S. Venture Partners (USVP) and ATA Ventures. To learn more about Clustrix, visit www.clustrix.com, www.facebook.com/clustrix or www.twitter.com/clustrix/.
Clustrix is trademarked in the U.S. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2042198
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2042197
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SQL database, DBMS, Big Data, Cloud, Big Data Applications, RDBMS, DBaaS, Database-as-a-Service , USA, Marketwire, HP, Internet Technology, Business, Other,