|Page (1) of 1 - 10/18/11||email article||print page|
City of Des Moines Receives Award for Reducing Energy Consumption With Infor10 EAMSystem Is On Track to Produce $200,000 in Annual Savings (October 18, 2011)
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/18/11 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the City of Des Moines received the Governor's Iowa Environmental Excellence Award for its stewardship in reducing the energy consumption and overall environmental impact of its wastewater treatment facility with the use of Infor10 EAM. Within six months of implementation, the city's energy usage decreased by 100,000 kilowatt-hours, positioning the application to generate annualized savings of more than $200,000, more than four times original projections.
Infor10 EAM enables the City of Des Moines to take a proactive approach to asset management by providing real-time data access and automatic alerts that detect and prevent excess energy usage, creating a complete picture of operating and maintenance expenses. This insight has reduced plant operating costs and energy consumption of assets for immediate savings and a quick return on investment.
- The City of Des Moines received the prestigious Governor's Iowa Environmental Excellence Award for the use of Infor10 EAM in its wastewater treatment facility, which accounts for approximately 50 percent of the city's monthly power costs.
- Within six months of implementation, energy usage has been reduced by 100,000 kilowatt-hours, positioning the city to save $200,000 annually, which is more than four times the originally projected amount.
- Infor10 EAM provides immediate savings and a quick return on investment, as organizations can identify efficiency issues through automatically generated alerts and remedy pinpointed problems to reduce overall energy consumption.
- Real-time data that forecasts performance issues and detects key trends or anomalies enables the city to adjust its maintenance strategy to reduce energy waste and unnecessary expenditure.
- Infor10 EAM also boosts the life expectancy of assets by maintaining equipment operations at maximum efficiency, which increases their overall lifespan by up to 20 percent. This creates a substantial expenditure reduction, particularly when an asset is costly and critical to an operation, and enables the city to continue increasing both energy and money savings long after its initial investment in Infor10 EAM.
- Infor will showcase its sustainability offerings at its EAM Customer Forum in Greenville, SC from November 7th to November 10th. Customers presenting at the forum include CERN, City of Des Moines, Lockheed Martin, Lowe's, Invenergy, and Wayne Farms.
City of Des Moines Quote
"Prior to the implementation of Infor10 EAM, we were not aware that certain process air blowers in our facility were running more often and less efficiently than others," said Bill Miller, Facilities Management and Systems Administrator, City of Des Moines. "Now we have the real-time data to monitor each blower individually to ensure all are running at the optimum level, saving significant energy. The system's custom reports, which show equipment run costs per hour, enabled us to easily demonstrate our positive results, helping us to win the Governor's Award for Excellence."
"The City of Des Moines is at the forefront of a national movement to identify and implement innovative solutions to reduce energy consumption and costs," said John Murphy, director, EAM Solution Management, Infor. "There is considerable pressure for local governments to reduce their costs and carbon footprints. Implementing Infor10 EAM is an effective way for municipalities and state and local governments to respond to citizen and federal mandates to reduce energy consumption and related costs and increase environmental responsibility."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor10 EAM - www.infor.com/solutions/eam/
- Infor10 EAM Asset Sustainability - www.infor.com/product_summary/eam/Infor_eam_asset/
About the City of Des Moines
As Iowa's capital city, Des Moines boasts a population of approximately 450,000. With quality schools and neighborhoods offering a small town feel, Des Moines provides all the business and cultural activity of a large city, while simultaneously allowing residents the comfort and familiarity of home. For more information, visit www.dmgov.org.
Infor is a leading provider of business software and services, helping more than 70,000 customers in 164 countries improve operations and drive growth. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: City of Des Moines, Infor, EAM, Award, Asset Sustainability, Marketwire, , Application Software, Business,