|Page (1) of 1 - 08/09/10||email article||print page|
Cisco Outlines Fiscal 2010 Year End and 4th Quarter Technology & Customer Highlights(August 09, 2010)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/09/10 -- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO)
- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today outlined the key announcements in the 2010 Fiscal Year that marked the company's focus on building, buying and partnering to drive ongoing innovation.
- Cisco has scheduled a conference call on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) to announce its 4th quarter fiscal year 2010 financial results for the quarter ending July 31, 2010.
- Financial results will be released over Marketwire, as well as the European Business and Technical Wire, after the close of the market on Wednesday, August 11, 2010.
- To Listen via the Internet:
We are pleased to offer a live and replay audio broadcast of the conference call with corresponding slides at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
Select Technology Development Highlights from Fiscal Year 2010:
Listen to Marthin De Beer, senior vice president for the Emerging Technologies Business Group outline milestones from Cisco's Central Development Organization in FY10 in developing and building innovative new technologies and solutions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M4tQILTc-c
- In October 2009, Cisco introduced the first proof point of its Borderless Networks architecture, with the introduction of the second generation of its Integrated Services Router. The ISR G2 helps businesses and service providers simplify and scale delivery of on-demand, networked business services such as video and collaborative applications at branch offices.
- In November 2009, Cisco announced significant product introductions across all categories of its collaboration portfolio. The company also announced its entrance into two new markets, enterprise social software and hosted email, with the goal of bringing the collaborative power of online social communities to businesses.
- In March 2010, Cisco introduced the Cisco® CRS-3 Carrier Routing System (CRS), designed to serve as a foundational infrastructure component of the next-generation Internet and accommodate the expected global growth of video content transmission, mobile devices and new online services through this decade and beyond.
- In March 2010, Cisco further extended its Borderless Networks vision with a complete refresh of its fixed-switching portfolio, including the Cisco Catalyst® 3560/3750-X Series and 2960-S Series that provide a suite of new professional services offerings, flexible entry-level pricing, and an enhanced limited lifetime warranty.
- In June 2010, Cisco launched Cisco Cius, an innovative first-of-its-kind mobile collaboration business tablet designed to deliver virtual desktop integration with anywhere, anytime access.
Select Merger and Acquisition Highlights from Fiscal Year 2010:
Charles Carmel, VP Corporate Development, discusses major acquisitions and investments in FY2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1GaHE4cmgU
- In December 2009, Cisco completed its purchase of ScanSafe, Inc., a market leader of software-as- a-service (SaaS) Web security solutions for organizations ranging from global enterprises to small businesses. The acquisition builds on Cisco's successful acquisition of leading on-premises content security provider IronPort.
- In December 2009, Cisco completed its acquisition of Starent Networks, a leading supplier of Internet Protocol (IP)-based mobile infrastructure solutions targeting mobile and converged carriers. Starent's mobile infrastructure solutions provide the multimedia intelligence, core network functions and services to manage access from any 2.5G, 3G and 4G radio network to a mobile operator's packet core network.
- In April 2010, Cisco completed its voluntary offer for TANDBERG (OSLO: TAA), a global leader in video communications. Cisco expects that the consequent integration of the TANDBERG video collaboration solutions into an extensive combined product portfolio will accelerate Cisco's vision of changing the way people communicate and collaborate by delivering simple, unique and interoperable collaboration experiences.
Select Partnering Highlights from Fiscal Year 2010:
Keith Goodwin, SVP Worldwide Partner Organization, discusses the evolution of Cisco's partnering strategy in FY2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV1cWHjnoCU
- In March 2009, Cisco and EMC, together with VMware, introduced the Virtual Computing Environment coalition, a groundbreaking collaboration of three information technology (IT) industry leaders. The coalition has been created to accelerate customers' ability to increase business agility through greater IT infrastructure flexibility, and to lower IT, energy and real estate costs as organizations transition to pervasive data center virtualization and private cloud infrastructures.
- At Cisco's Partner Summit in April 2010, the company announced initiatives to help channel partners evolve and accelerate -- including a partner-incentive program to encourage early engagement with Cisco, a collaborative partner-to-partner sales model to help partners respond to the globalization of business, and the evolution of Cisco specializations from individual technologies to architectures.
- In May 2010, Cisco announced the launch of the Cisco Partner Demand Center, which is designed to help the company's channel partners increase the speed and efficiency of their marketing activities.
Select Product Announcements from Q4 FY10:
- As part of Cisco Data Center 3.0 strategy, Cisco announced its new FabricPath networking technology to help customers increase the flexibility of their data centers as they become more virtualized and cloud-based.
- At the Cisco Live! event in June, the company unveiled energy management solutions to help utilities, consumers and businesses better monitor and manage their energy consumption for cost and carbon savings. The announcement builds on the initial product offerings from the Cisco Connected Grid portfolio to help utilities more reliably and efficiently deliver electric power from generation facilities to businesses and homes.
- Cisco announced that Cisco Quad, an enterprise collaboration platform, will be available later this calendar year via native iPad and iPhone applications. Cisco Quad aims to break down communication silos by enabling workers to easily connect and collaborate.
- To help small businesses meet evolving IT storage needs, Cisco announced the launch of Cisco Smart Storage solutions, a family of affordable, easy-to-use desktop network storage solutions with integrated business applications.
- Cisco announced a range of new products and upgrades to deliver on its commitment to advance Cisco TelePresence interoperability across its portfolio and with third-party systems.
Select Global Customer Announcements from Q4 FY10, by Theater:
United States & Canada:
- AT&T selected Cisco as one of three domain suppliers for IP MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS), Ethernet and Evolved Packet Core equipment for its industry-leading IP network. The multi-year selection covers equipment used to route and forward IP-based voice, video and data traffic through AT&T's network.
- Station Casinos selected the Cisco Unified Computing System to streamline customer operations and drive business growth with Cisco Data Center 3.0 as the architectural platform for its virtualization strategy.
- Cisco teamed up with Cox Communications to deliver the new Cox "Plus Package," featuring high-definition (HD) DVR service with Cisco Explorer next-generation set-top boxes.
- ESPN used Cisco TelePresence to deliver live and recorded video coverage of soccer matches and to connect the global soccer community with teams, players and coaches at the 2010 FIFA World Cup Soccer Tournament in South Africa.
- KORE Telematics deployed the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers to support its continued growth.
- Sheraton Centre Toronto unveiled its Cisco TelePresence meeting suite -- joining the W Chicago City Center and Sheraton on the Park Sydney as the first in Starwood's global portfolio of hotels to introduce the new meeting facilities.
Asia Pacific, Japan and Greater China:
- Lavasa, Cisco and Wipro signed definitive agreements for Cisco to participate in MyCity Technologies Ltd., a company set up to provide information and communications technology services in the new development of Lavasa City, India's first complete e-city.
- Greenfield Development Corporation plans to collaborate with Cisco to build connected communities in the Philippines within Twin Oaks Place, the Greenfield District along Shaw Boulevard.
- Pacnet completed the deployment of an IP Next-Generation Network based on the Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) platform, to help increase business profitability, service scalability and operational efficiency.
- Cisco and M&C Corporation in Vietnam plan to explore how their combined technologies and innovations can help transform properties in Vietnam into sustainable and connected communities.
- YTL Communications plans to become the first company in Malaysia to benefit from the virtualization capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Turkcell deployed an Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) based on the Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) platform.
- Cisco made a firm commitment to invest US$1 billion to drive entrepreneurship and sustainable innovation in Russia as a partner in achieving the country's goals.
- Saudi Telecom Company chose Cisco technology solutions to introduce managed data center services to the Saudi market. This represents the first Vblock Infrastructure Package (VIP) win for Cisco in the Middle East region.
- Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein (HIAE) in Brazil implemented AeroScout's Asset Tracking and Temperature Monitoring solutions which enable HIAE to utilize its Cisco Unified Wireless Network to track and manage thousands of medical equipment units.
- Neotel South Africa upgraded its IP NGN to offer new business services based on the Cisco Carrier Ethernet system.
- Cisco and Living PlanIT expanded their collaboration on the development and operations of PlanIT Valley, a next generation intelligent sustainable community in the Municipality of Paredes, northern Portugal.
- The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) adopted Cisco Eos® SaaS platform for the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
- France-based cable service provider, Numericable, is building one of the world's first 3D HD video-on-demand services based on the Cisco Content Delivery System platform.
- In the Netherlands, the city of Almere, Cisco and the technology innovation foundation, Almere Kennisstad, launched a pilot project aimed to assess how video communications can help increase citizen participation, boost the well-being of communities, and improve the social and economic success of the city.
- Hertford Regional College (HRC) utilized Cisco technology to build a compact, energy-efficient IT infrastructure featuring improved performance and reduced costs -- and that supports innovative applications.
Acquisitions and Investments:
- Cisco acquired CoreOptics Inc., a designer of digital signal processing (DSP) solutions for high-speed optical networking applications.
- Cisco completed its acquisition of the set-top box business of DVN (Holdings) Ltd., a market and technology leader in digital cable solutions in China that shares Cisco's vision of a high-performance, scalable and services-rich cable interactive platform extending into every home.
- Cisco acquired MOTO Development Group, a design consulting firm that develops products and product strategies for the consumer industry.
Significant Partner Announcements from Q4 FY10:
- Cisco announced the availability of the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution, an offering that allows partners to provide a wide range of Cisco collaboration applications to their customers, via the cloud, using an "as a service" model.
- The Authorized Learning Partner Program is evolving to be aligned with Cisco's technology architecture strategy ranging from collaboration and video to virtualization and cloud-based services.
Education and Corporate Citizenship:
- Cisco was honored by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and first lady Maria Shriver as an outstanding California company with an innovative, high-impact employee volunteer program.
- Winners of International NetRiders, Cisco's prestigious Internet networking competition will go on a sponsored study tour to California's Silicon Valley in January 2011.
Complete Conference Call Details:
Date: August 11, 2010
Time: 1:30 PM (PT); 4:30 PM (ET)
Cisco has scheduled a conference call on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. PT to announce its 4th quarter and fiscal year 2010 financial results for the quarter ending July 31, 2010.
Financial results will be released over Marketwire, as well as the European Business and Technical Wire after the close of the market on Wednesday, August 11, 2010.
To Listen via the Internet:
We are pleased to offer a live and replay audio broadcast of the conference call with corresponding slides at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
The Q4 FY10 conference call to discuss Cisco's results along with its business outlook will be held at 1:30 p.m. PT, Wednesday, August 11, 2010. Conference call number is 888-848-6507 (United States) or 212-519-0847 (international).
Conference call replay is scheduled to be available from 4:30 p.m. PT, August 11, 2010 to 4:30 p.m. PT, August 18, 2010 at 866-357-4205 (United States) or 203-369-0122 (international). The replay also will be available via webcast from August 11, 2010 through October 29, 2010 on the Cisco Investor Relations website at http://www.cisco.com/go/investors.
An archived version of the webcast will be available on the Cisco Systems Investor Relations website at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Third party trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
For direct RSS Feeds of all Cisco news, please visit "[email protected]" at the following link:
Youtube Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1327639
Youtube Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1327640
Youtube Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1327641
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: cisco partners, Office Equipment,Sales,Applications,Marketing,Sales & Marketing,Storage,Security,Networking,Internet,Business Issues,Services,Software,Misc,Networks,Security,Architecture,Security,Internet Server Applications,E-mail,Management,Sales,Sales,Broadcast,Pro AV,Post/Production,Management,Streaming,Digital,Management,Management,Internet/Web,Prosumer/Consumer,Business,Internet,Webcasting,Web,EMail,Settop Box,VOD,Marketing,Standards/Initiatives,Anim,Broadcast Technology,Internet Media,Broadcast,DTV,HDTV,Software,Facilities,Storage, webcast,Africa,Russia,USA,China,Japan,Vietnam,Brazil,Portugal,Marketwire,IT (Information Technology),Networking,Apple Computer,Financial,Business Services,Internet Technology,Biology,Computer Science,Business,Internet,Soccer,Olympics,Email,middle east,russia,china,Family,Other,