|Page (1) of 1 - 04/06/10||email article||print page|
Cisco M-Learning Enables Students to Reinforce and Enhance Technical Knowledge Anytime and AnywhereM-Learning Modules Available for Apple iPhone(R) and iPod touch(R); Support for Additional Devices Coming Soon (April 06, 2010)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/06/10 -- To enable certification students to study anytime, anywhere, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today announced the availability of Cisco® M-Learning. Designed to supplement other official Cisco training resources, Cisco M-Learning helps students retain and enhance knowledge received from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and the Cisco Learning Network.
Key Facts & Highlights:
- Initially, 18 mobile learning modules including video and graphical instruction along with review questions, up to 30 minutes in length, are available for Cisco CCENT and CCNA® training.
- To download the mobile learning modules, customers visit the App Store® on iTunes® via their handheld Apple device or a computer to download the free M-Learning mobile video player. After loading the application on their hardware, customers then visit the Cisco Learning Network online store to select mobile learning modules priced at $4.99 each.
- Content licenses do not expire, and content is playable offline, anytime. Additionally, all content purchases come with customer support.
- A variety of providers will add additional modules over time. Support for a range of devices will be announced in coming months, including the BlackBerry smart phone in mid-2010.
- The Cisco Binary Game, a popular resource for reinforcing core entry- and associate-level networking fundamentals, is scheduled to be available for sale from the App Store for Apple mobile devices in mid-2010.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president, Learning@Cisco, said: "With Cisco M-Learning, any student with an Apple iPhone or Apple iPod touch can access a wide variety of M-Learning study modules to tailor a customized educational experience to meet individual study goals and reinforce training from other Cisco authorized resources. This is an innovative way for students to build their skills while on the go, and further reinforces Cisco's commitment to providing best-in-class training to support the success of students pursuing new skills and certification."
- Will Bartee, Cisco Networking Academy® Student, Cabrillo College, said, "Cisco M-Learning is an easy way to stay on top of my CCNA training. I can download and study content in a streamlined format from wherever I am, and whenever I want, strengthening my technical skills and networking knowledge."
- Additional information about the Cisco M-Learning Program is available at: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/learning_center/m-learning
- iTunes Page: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-m-learning-viewer/id364496476?mt=8
- Cisco Learning Network Store main aisle shortcut: www.cisco.com/go/m-learning
Social Media Destinations:
- Friendfeed: http://www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Digg: http://www.digg.com/users/learningatcisco
- Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=learningatcisco
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=680467&trk=anetsrch_name&goback=.gdr_1236889165048_1
Technorati Tags: Mobile Learning, M-Learning, iPhone, ipod, BlackBerry, mobile app, learning application, Talent Development, CCENT, CCNA, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Education, Learning@Cisco, 2010, Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, CCNA, CCENT and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1214974
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:IT certification, Education, Networking, Hardware, Streaming/Webcast, Mobile Video, USA, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Other,