|Page (1) of 1 - 09/10/10||email article||print page|
Cinedeck LLC Debuts Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0 at IBC 2010New Format Support, Modular Features Close Gap Between Production and Post (September 10, 2010)
Cinedeck LLC (www.cinedeck.com) today announced it will debut Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0 at IBC 2010 in Amsterdam this week in its stand #3.A24. With this announcement, Cinedeck is adding significant new enhancements to its award-winning, ultra-portable cinema grade monitoring, recording and playback device, including support for Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD and CineForm Uncompressed for single link and dual link recording. With Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0, any camera with an HDSDI or HDMI output can now bypass inferior on-board lossy compression codecs and record to a choice of the three most industry-popular lossless compression standards used in production today.
Cinedeck also announced today its newest option, the Cinedeck FullStream Uncompressed™ HD mastering suite. This new capability, offered as an option for customers, offers the highest quality acquisition and mastering format ever available in a portable HD DDR. An industry first, FullStream Uncompressed offers uncompressed 444 or uncompressed 422 recording on a 2.5” RAID SSD flash drive.
Additionally at IBC 2010, Cinedeck is announcing the EXSync™ timecode module. EXSync is a hardware-based accessory to Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0 that enables a single - or multiple - Cinedeck EXTREME device(s) to jam sync to SMPTE/EBU time code from a master clock. The EXSync timecode module connects via a standard 5-pin LEMO connector and will be available in October 2010.
"The team at Cinedeck has come a long way since our debut at NAB last April, and we’re coming to IBC 2010 with a comprehensive list of advancements, enhancements and options we know our customers will be very excited about," said Alan Hoff, chief executive officer of Cinedeck LLC. "From the beginning, the vision for Cinedeck EXTREME has been to provide no compromise image quality in an incredibly convenient and portable device for production crews in the field. Today, with Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0, we’re extending that vision to new lengths by adding innovations that transform this device to an extremely capable post production tool as well."
Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0: Closing the Gap Between Production and Post
With the ability to record directly into the widest choice of post-ready video formats, Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0 is now the most versatile on set DDR on the market today.
During IBC 2010, executives from Cinedeck will demonstrate how Cinedeck EXTREME solves a range of challenges facing customers in the world of digital cinema, including:
- Cameras shoot in one format, editors finish in another, adding significant time constraints to the workflow:
- Cinedeck EXTREME records in full resolution 10-bit cinema-grade mastering formats that can be directly edited in Final Cut, Media Composer, Premiere Pro.
- Highest image quality cameras record to expensive linear tape or DDRs:
- Cinedeck EXTREME is the most cost-effective medium to capture to, with indisputable image quality, and the convenience of non-linear access.
- Some cameras capture compressed images despite providing high quality output directly from the camera optics:
- Cinedeck EXTREME enables capture of the highest quality images from a camera’s optics.
- Camera compressed images not ideal for the rigors of post (compositing, colorgrading):
- Cinedeck EXTREME surpasses on board recording formats, ensuring highest possible image quality entering post.
- Some formats are extremely ‘heavy’ for post, requiring an intermediate format:
- Cinedeck EXTREME captures in cinema-grade, edit ready formats.
- Complex conversions and proxy generation are required for dailies review:
- Cinedeck EXTREME files are available for immediate on set review and approval.
- File and metadata management systems get very complicated very quickly:
- Cinedeck EXTREME enables easy onset metadata creation & management that stays with the files as they travel through post
Sam Nicholson, CEO and Chairman of Stargate Studios, is a distinguished cinematographer and special visual effects supervisor and producer, and has been taking advantage of the new options and capabilities of Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0. He had this to say about his experience:
"The Cinedeck EXTREME is undoubtedly the best value in the market for digital recorders. It excels in recording multiple compression formats, it's very rugged, compact and affordable. With the new uncompressed HD 4:4:4 record option and integrated time code, Cinedeck EXTREME is an unbeatable value. I love the HD touch screen together with the virtual I/O patch panel, which is fantastic and very intuitive in operation. Although Cinedeck EXTREME is extremely diverse in its various capabilities, the operation is very straight forward, simple and fast."
Sam continued, "The new Cinedeck timecode module compliments all our workflow options for transferring to Avid and Final Cut editorial projects as well as data layoffs for complex visual effect work. The timecode module is absolutely essential when recording stereo 3D cameras or our proprietary 9 camera circle vision rig. We are also using Cinedeck EXTREME exclusively on both the F35 and our new ARRI ALEXA cameras. The incredibly diverse record options of Cinedeck EXTREME greatly expands the ALEXA on board ProRes recorder. And the fact that you get a great camera monitor in the same package is terrific. Cinedeck EXTREME has quickly become an essential piece of equipment on all our shoots."
Pricing and Availability
Cinedeck EXTREME v2.0 will be available in October 2010 and is priced at $9,995 US.
FullStream Uncompressed is sold separately as an option for the Cinedeck EXTREME, and is priced at $2,995 US. FullStream Uncompressed will also be available in October 2010.
The EXSync timecode module will be available in October 2010 and is priced at $795 US. For more information on Cinedeck EXTREME 2.0, please visit www.cinedeck.com.
About Cinedeck LLC
Founded by cinematographers in the heart of New York City, Cinedeck is redefining mobile, digital cinematography by delivering the industry’s first extremely portable, affordable camera-mountable cinema-grade recording and monitoring device, Cinedeck EXTREME. Cinedeck was recently honored at NAB 2010, winning both the “2010 TV Technology STAR Award” and the “2010 Vidy Award.” For more information, please visit www.cinedeck.com.
Related Keywords:Cinedeck, IBC, Cinematography, production, ProRes, DNxHD, CineForm Uncompressed, Apple
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved