|Page (1) of 1 - 10/26/11||email article||print page|
Chime.in Users Form More Than 4,000 Communities in First WeekMore Than 15 Million "Chimes" Shared on New Interest Network (October 26, 2011)
PASADENA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/26/11 -- Since UberMedia, the world's leading independent developer of feature-rich social media applications, launched its Chime.in interest network last week (http://chime.in), consumers and brands have embraced the new platform -- forming more than 4,000 new communities and sharing more than 15 million Chimes. The beta version of Chime.in debuted on October 17 with simultaneous announcements at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco and the Pivot Social Media Conference in New York City.
Additional new and noteworthy happenings on Chime.in include:
- Popular communities are already buzzing with activity, such as:
- The social media community, founded by Rodney Rumford, co-founder of Plixi (http://chime.in/community/SocialMedia)
- The photography community, featuring contributors from more than 20 countries, including noted American travel photographer Trey Ratcliff (http://chime.in/community/photography)
- The travel community, founded by Scotland native and world traveler Dougie Baird (http://chime.in/user/BAIRDSTRAVEL)
- Crowd-sourced community programming including:
- Launch partner Bravo has added "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" to its roster of communities, joining its original Bravo community (http://www.chime.in/community/realhousewivesbh, http://chime.in/community/bravo)
- Media brands are joining the conversation, including The Los Angeles Times, Breaking News, Canada's CTV and KOBTV Mexico
"We created Chime.in to enable users to surface and engage with the best content around their interests, and the enthusiastic adoption we've seen since opening the platform up last Tuesday shows that we're addressing a real need in the social media ecosystem," said Bill Gross, CEO of UberMedia.
Chime.in is now available in a public beta version. The final version of the interest network is scheduled for release later this year.
UberMedia (www.ubermedia.com) is the world's leading independent developer of feature-rich social media applications that make it easy to publish, consume and engage, no matter who you are. With more than 6 million users of its products in both desktop and mobile environments, UberMedia's portfolio includes market-leading Twitter applications UberSocial and Echofon and the groundbreaking Chime.in interest network. UberMedia is an Idealab company (www.idealab.com) founded in 2010 and headquartered in Pasadena, Calif.
Press contact info:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: UberMedia, Marketwire, , Music, Internet Technology, Web 2.0, mexico,