|Page (1) of 1 - 10/19/11||email article||print page|
Cheapflights.com Navigates the World of Social and Mobile Airline ServicesFrom Apps to Tweets to Feeds -- Discover the New Way of Communicating With Your Airline (October 19, 2011)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/19/11 -- Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and mobile apps... welcome to the new standard of communication. Many passengers and airlines are now corresponding through a variety of social media, mobile sites and apps, and other online-only channels, also known as e-services. With well more than 7 million collective followers on Twitter and counting and, in many cases, dedicated customer support and booking agents standing by to respond to social media requests, the airlines have capitalized on these channels to connect directly with customers. Savvy travelers should be prepared to take full advantage.
To make it easier for travelers to navigate this growing domain, Cheapflights.com, the online leader in publishing travel deals, has compiled its list of Social And Mobile Airline Services -- an easy to follow table charting the e-services offered by 24 popular domestic and foreign airlines including their mobile sites, mobile apps, loyalty programs and special discounts with links to their social media outlets: Facebook pages, Twitter feeds and YouTube channels.
"It wasn't that long ago when the best way to ask an airline a question, voice a concern, or check in for your flight was through long phone menus, visiting an airline office in person, or by sitting at your home computer," said Lauren Sullivan, site editor for Cheapflights.com. "Nowadays, things have changed dramatically thanks to the ubiquity of smartphones, tablets and growth of social media. This change is continuing to grow so now's the time to jump on board, if you haven't already, and start an ongoing online relationship with your favorite airlines."
A few notable airlines that are paving the social way include:
- Alaska Airlines - For a regional airline, Alaska does social media and e-services as well as the best of the biggest national carriers, including a recently redesigned mobile app that passengers can use to plan every aspect of their trip, down to seating assignments.
- Delta Air Lines - Delta combines social media and e-services extremely well, making especially strong use of its YouTube channel.
- JetBlue Airways - Even without a standalone mobile app, JetBlue really gets "it." The discount airline interacts continuously with more than 1.6 million Twitter followers, answering customer requests in a near instant fashion.
- Southwest Airlines - With the largest amount of YouTube videos (7 million and counting), 1.6 million Facebook likes and more than a million Twitter followers, Southwest stands out as a leader in online communication with its audience.
- United Airlines - Since beginning to merge with Continental, United's combined e-services presence is even more robust. With fully functional mobile sites, downloadable apps for each airline, a consolidated social media presence -- under United's brand and logo -- the airline has potential to be the heaviest social hitter out there.
To view Cheapflights.com's easy to follow and useful chart on Social And Mobile Airline Services visit www.cheapflights.com/travel-tips/social-and-mobile-airline-services/.
About Cheapflights Media
Cheapflights Media is an international media network helping over 11 million visitors a month find top travel deals. Our Cheapflights brand was launched in 1996 and pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users. Today, users compare a wide range of deals from hundreds of partners including online travel agents, consolidators and airlines to find the very best flight deals. With a mission to be the starting point for travel, Cheapflights works to deliver the industry's best airfare bargains, expert tips and inspiration. There are currently Cheapflights sites in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Germany, Australia & New Zealand, France, Italy and Spain. For more information, visit www.cheapflights.com. Our newest brand, Momondo, is a leading travel search engine for finding comprehensive worldwide pricing and availability on airfares. Winner of several awards, the site is ideal for users on specific travel schedules. For more information, visit www.momondo.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1771426
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Cheapflights.com, Cheapflights, Social and Mobile Airline Services, e-services, social media, twitter, app, Home, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Web, Tablets, Networks, Smart Phone, Search, Social Media, Canada, France, Germany, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Marketwire, , Discount, Lifestyle, Other,