|Page (1) of 1 - 04/30/12||email article||print page|
Charming Shoppes Selects Oracle Retail Merchandising and Store Applications to Drive Cross-Channel GrowthLane Bryant Parent Company Chooses Oracle Retail to Improve Inventory Management Across Multiple Channels and Brands (April 30, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/30/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Charming Shoppes, the parent company of Lane Bryant, Lane Bryant Outlet, Fashion Bug and Catherines Plus Sizes, has selected Oracle Retail Merchandising and Stores to establish a cross-channel platform serving its brands.
- Charming Shoppes will use Oracle Retail applications to deploy a modern technology platform that helps transform its merchandising, supply chain and store operations to reduce the total cost of ownership of hardware, software and support while enabling a better shopping experience for customers across channels and brands.
- The retailer will use Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations Management to obtain a single, comprehensive source of consistent and accurate data delivered on a proven, scalable platform.
- The retailer will use Oracle Retail Stores Solutions to improve cross-channel sales capabilities, gain better access to information and deliver a consistent, personalized experience at customer touch points.
- The company will also implement Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Database as part of its strategy to better serve customers and streamline operations across all its brands.
- "Charming Shoppes' mission is to be the plus-size authority for fit, fashion and value, profitably serving as the destination for all of her lifestyle needs, and we are always looking for ways to improve the execution of this mission," said Michael Barrett, chief information officer and senior vice president, Charming Shoppes. "Oracle Retail will help us improve our internal processes, analysis and decision making to manage inventory and deliver assortments that provide a variety of choices for our targeted segments, so we may offer her trend-right, fashion-appropriate, and quality apparel with consistent, great fit offered in multi-channels."
- "Charming Shoppes is establishing a platform that will allow them to deliver an exceptional customer service experience for each of its brands," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail. "By selecting Oracle Retail, Charming Shoppes will gain additional insight and control to optimize performance across all locations."
- About Charming Shoppes
- About Oracle Retail Merchandising Systems
- About Oracle Retail Stores Solutions
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Charming Shoppes, Inc.
Charming Shoppes, Inc. operates nearly 1,900 retail stores in 48 states under the names LANE BRYANT®, CACIQUE®, LANE BRYANT OUTLET®, FASHION BUG®, FASHION BUG PLUS® and CATHERINES PLUS SIZES®. The Company also operates the Figi's family of brands, including the holiday food and gifts catalog Figi's® Gifts in Good Taste®, the home and gifts catalog Figi's® Gallery and its wholesale unit Figi's Business Services. For more information about Charming Shoppes and its brands, please visit www.charmingshoppes.com, www.lanebryant.com, www.cacique.com, www.fashionbug.com, www.catherines.com, www.loop18.com, www.figis.com, and www.figisgallery.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Oracle Retail, Customer, Charming Shoppes, Lane Bryant, Merchandise, Operations, Stores, Sales,Applications,Sales & Marketing,Storage,Internet,Hardware,Services,Software,Misc,Internet Server Applications,Web Servers,Management,Sales,Sales,Marketwire, Inc., ,Business Services,Lifestyle,Internet Technology,Business,Family,Other,