|Page (1) of 1 - 06/02/03||email article||print page|
Celsys Ships Stylos 1.1 2D Animation ToolVector-based animation system comes to Retas! Pro
Stylos is a completely vector-based tool for 2D animation offering the ability to work in a completely paperless environment. It offers real-time vectorization and several vector drawing tools, along with support for pressure-sensitive tablets. Features include:
- Centerline and outline control;
- Hand shake compensation;
- Light table features, including transparency, rotation, etc.;
- Vanishing points for perspective drawing;
- Multiple layers;
- Automatic line closure and line curve compensation;
- Airbrush tool;
- A color markup layer;
- A scene manager, including process management and production count;
- Storyboard creation;
- Various finishing features, including closed-area fill, color replacement, background color, etc.
The software can import files in TGA, PICT, BMP, TIFF, PIC, SGI and SVD formats and export to TGA, PICT, BMP, TIFF, RAW, YUV, MOV, AVI, SGI, PIC, SWF, EPS and SVD formats.
Stylos 1.1 is available now for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows. Commercial licenses run $1,400 each. Schools can purchase five licenses for $1,500. And students pay $1,000 for a single license. For more information, visit http://www.retas.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Celsys Ships Stylos 1.1 2D Animation Tool
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved