|Page (1) of 1 - 04/18/12||email article||print page|
Celestica and Lenovo US Receive Aberdeen Group 2012 Supply Chain Excellence AwardsAwards Presented at Aberdeen's Sixth Annual Supply Chain Summit (April 18, 2012)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/18/12 -- Aberdeen Group, a Harte-Hanks Company (NYSE: HHS), today announced Celestica and Lenovo US as the recipients of its Supply Chain Excellence Awards, presented at the conclusion of Aberdeen's Sixth Annual Supply Chain Management (SCM) Summit. The theme of the April 4-5 event was "A View from Above: Transformational Initiatives for The Chief Supply Chain Officer."
Award nominees were selected based on proprietary research that Aberdeen conducted over the past year, and published case studies examining cross-channel supply chain, logistics, merchandising, mobility, customer loyalty, and inventory management. The awards recognize the individual executives responsible for the success of their organization's supply chain initiatives.
The Supply Chain Excellence Awards recognize enterprises that have demonstrated process ingenuity, agility, flexibility, and scalability to address evolving business requirements. Presenting at the conference and accepting the awards were:
- Gerald LaGrange, Supply Chain Director, Supplier Collaboration Systems, Celestica -- for process collaboration with a suppliers
- Ian Mallison, Executive Director, GL Mature Market Operations, Lenovo US -- for its global supply chain visibility initiative
"The Celestica and Lenovo US supply chain teams have implemented initiatives that placed supply chain management at the forefront of their enterprises to highlight the critical nature of SCM, breaking new ground through the use of technology -- and the establishment of key processes and relationships -- enabling them to establish and maintain strong supply chains despite global instability," according to Bryan Ball, Vice President and Principal Analyst for the Aberdeen Supply Chain Management research practice. "And over 200 attendees benefited from the extensive list of supply chain experts who shared their varied experiences and in-depth knowledge."
In addition to presentations by LaGrange and Mallison, featured presenters at the Summit included:
- Daniel Turney, VP, Global Supply Chain Network Strategy, Kellogg Company, with the keynote on "Supply Chain Management, Moving from Organizational Silos to an Optimized and Interconnected Chain"
- Bill Keller, President of Global Operations, Active Tools International Ltd.
- Brett Frankenberg, Vice President, Supply Chain Planning & Procurement , Coca-Cola BottlingCompany
- Lalit Wadhwa, Vice President, Global Supply Chain Operations, Avnet
- Brad Mueller, Vice President Supply Chain, Briggs Healthcare
- Jill Marcotte, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Dealer Tire LLC
- Lee Falk, Vice President, Distribution & Logistics, Dean Foods Company
- Joseph O'Neil, Director, Global Logistics, Diebold, Inc.
- Seema Phull, Vice President of Materials Management Strategy and Integration, Honeywell
- Kristi Montgomery, Vice President, Information Technology, Kenco Management Services, LLC
- Nick Caragher, Director, Supply Chain Operations, Menlo Worldwide
- Chad A. Werkema, C.P.M., Director, Worldwide Materials, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Michael Martin, Global Supply Chain Strategy Leader, Stanley Black & Decker
- Masao Nishi, Vice President, Supply Chain Management, SYSCO
- Nick Delany, President, Vtech Communication Inc.
SCM Summit 2012 Summit Sponsors and Partners included: e2open, JDA, Logility, LeanLogistics, SmartOps, CenterPoint Properties, GT Nexus, One Network Enterprises, Oracle, SupplyChainBrain, and APICS: The Association for Operations Management.
For additional information on featured SCM Summit presenters and posted presentations, please visit the SCM Summit 2012 Speakers page.
About Aberdeen Group, a Harte-Hanks Company
Aberdeen provides fact-based research and market intelligence that delivers demonstrable results. Having queried more than 30,000 companies in the past two years, Aberdeen is positioned to educate users to action: driving market awareness, creating demand, enabling sales, and delivering meaningful return-on-investment analysis. As the trusted advisor to the global technology markets, corporations turn to Aberdeen for insights that drive decisions.
As a Harte-Hanks Company, Aberdeen plays a key role of putting content in context for the global direct and targeted marketing company. Aberdeen's analytical and independent view of the "customer optimization" process of Harte-Hanks (Information - Opportunity - Insight - Engagement - Interaction) extends the client value and accentuates the strategic role Harte-Hanks brings to the market. For additional information, visit Aberdeen or call (617) 854-5200, or to learn more about Harte-Hanks, call (800) 456-9748.
© 2012 Aberdeen Group, Inc., a Harte-Hanks Company
451 D Street, Suite 710
Boston, Massachusetts 02210-1928
Telephone: (617) 854-5200
Fax: (617) 723-7897
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Supply Chain industry awards, supply chain industry recognition, supply chain planning and strategy, Sales, Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Management, Sales, Sales, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Dealer/Distributor, Business, Marketing, Standards/Initiatives, Business Issues, Presentation, Channel/Distribution, Marketing, Awards, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Management Services, Computer Science, Business,