|Page (1) of 1 - 10/27/11||email article||print page|
Celebrate the Statue of Libertys 125th Birthday with Viator(October 27, 2011)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 27, 2011
On Oct. 28, the Statue of Liberty turns 125 years young, and the following day shell close for a yearlong renovation. In the meantime, Liberty Island will remain open for tourists to visit the museum, café and gift shop and to enjoy iconic photo ops in front of Lady Liberty, as the upgrades will be confined to the statues interior. Viator the leading resource for more than 9,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries offers a variety of tours to Liberty and Ellis Island for travelers to pay homage to the 19th century icon as she receives a 21st century makeover.
- Viators New York Hop-on, Hop-off Tour includes a ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, where visitors can take in the rich history of the thousands of immigrants who arrived in New York by boat and glimpsed the same shores with smiles and anticipations.
- Explore New York Harbor on a one-hour Statue of Liberty commentated cruise with fantastic views of Lady Liberty, Manhattan Skyline and Brooklyn Bridge. The same cruise is offered in the evening for those who prefer to watch the sun set over the worlds most beautiful skyline.
- History buffs and romantics will enjoy a cruise aboard New Yorks only historic tall ship, the Clipper City a replica of the lumber-hauling schooners that drove Americas industry more than a century ago that was built using plans from the Smithsonian Museum. Choose from a cruise that departs during the day, at sunset or at night, with breathtaking views of the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island and the Manhattan skyline.
- Those not content with a view from sea-level will enjoy Viators 25-minute helicopter tour of the Big Apple, with a close-up view of the Statue of Liberty as well as birds-eye views of Ground Zero, the Empire State Building and Central Park, among other notable New York landmarks.
- Travelers can discover New Yorks renowned historical landmarks including an up close and personal cruise by the Statue of Liberty on Viators new Freedom Tour by Land and Sea, with visits to the new National September 11 Memorial at Ground Zero, the Firefighters Memorial, St. Pauls Chapel, and Trinity Church.
Viators Statue of Liberty and New York tours and activities can be accessed through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone and Viators mobile site. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Viator® is the worlds leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator the Latin word for traveler offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as nearly 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viators in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the worlds largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/10/prweb8914691.htm.
Related Keywords:internet, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , health and beauty product, health, health treatment, health organisations, government health care, private health care, , health and safety at work, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health insurance, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism,