|Page (1) of 1 - 02/13/11||email article||print page|
Cavium Networks Demonstrates Market-Leading, Comprehensive Solutions for 2.5/3G, WiMax and LTE Applications at Mobile World Congress 2011Leading Performance Multi-Core and Efficient Baseband Processors Enable End to End Wireless Solutions Encompassing Clients, Femto/Pico Base Stations, RNCs and Packet Core Equipment (February 13, 2011)
BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/11 -- Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, today announced that Cavium Networks is showcasing market-leading OCTEON® II multi-core and ODYSSEY 4G/LTE DSP processor solutions for 3G, WiMax and LTE applications in Hall 2, booth 2C05 at Mobile World Congress February 14 - 17 in Barcelona, Spain. Cavium processors have already been chosen by 5 out of the top 5 TEMs and are widely adopted in 3G, WiMAX and LTE client and infrastructure equipment including client USB dongles, LTE Base Stations (eNodeBs) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) devices, 3G Base stations, Cell Site Aggregators, Radio Network Controllers (RNC), Packet Data Serving Node (PDSN), xGSNs, Femtocells, Femto Gateways, WiMax base stations and ASN Gateways.
Mobile operators, in a rapid race to monetize consumers' insatiable demand for media, services and bandwidth, are continually challenged to quickly rollout infrastructure upgrades. As bandwidth increases by 10 to 40 fold, they are looking for solutions that are interoperable, reduce costs, and also meet stringent power requirements. Cavium Networks and its ecosystem partners are providing such solutions.
Advantech, Airspan, IXIA, Kontron, MontaVista, Picochip and Tata Elxsi, will be demonstrating some of the many solutions that have been developed in conjunction with major customers based on OCTEON family of processors. OCTEON II processors feature several unique capabilities including the revolutionary Deep Packet Inspection, In-service Software Upgrade, Authentik and PowerOptimizer technologies.
Demonstrations based on OCTEON and ODYSSEY processors include:
- 3G/4G Access
- Kontron and Tata Elxsi will demonstrate a high performance wireless broadband solution that brings together Cavium's market-leading OCTEON Multi-core processor on standard hardware platform running an LTE eNodeB L2/L3 software stack.
- AirSpan will display AirSynergy, an all-in-one compact Pico Base Station which supports a wide range of radio interfaces including WiMAX and 4G LTE technologies.
- Mobile Broadband End user/CPE Chipsets
- Cavium will demonstrate end-to-end, small cell HD video streaming between two laptops communicating through LTE USB dongles powered by Cavium Networks' ODYSSEY 9000 family of 4G/LTE baseband DSP processors, to a Pico Base Station meeting 3GPP standards for Home eNodeB and Local Area eNodeB, fueled by Cavium's OCTEON multi-core processor and Picochip's picoArray processor.
- 3G/4G Core Network
- Advantech will display the Packetarium NCP-3120 and NCP-3105, ruggedized 1U rack mount appliances featuring the breakthrough 6-core OCTEON II CN6335 optimized for core and wireless network elements such as Radio Network Controllers and EPC.
- Application Recognition & Deep Packet Inspection
- Cavium will demonstrate TurboDPI, industry's first off-the-shelf multi-function application recognition and deep packet inspection software solution optimized for OCTEON II and NITROX DPI II processors to provide best-in-class solutions for LTE EPC.
- Linux High Performance IP Packet Forwarding
- MontaVista will demonstrate their new Bare Metal Engine which breaks the performance I/O barrier by giving user applications unfettered access to I/O, previously only directly accessed by kernel applications. Now packets can be forwarded 600% faster than in Linux.
The OCTEON II family includes the industry's broadest and highest performance general purpose multi-core MIPS64 based processors ranging from 1 to 32 cores on a single chip. It provides advanced control processing, integrated networking interfaces and industry leading hardware acceleration for packet processing, routing, quality of service, TCP, Security, compression / decompression, MAC layer acceleration and deep packet inspection (DPI).
About Cavium Networks
Cavium Networks is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium Networks offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 40 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium Networks processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium Networks principal offices are in Mountain View, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: http://www.caviumnetworks.com.
Cavium Networks Contact:
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: (650) 623-7033
Email: Email Contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Cavium Networks, Inc., Office Equipment, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Security, Networking, Computer Technology, Business Issues, Hardware, Mobile Devices, Notebook/Laptops, Marketing Communications, Marketing Communications, Broadcast, Streaming, Digital, Display, Internet Media, streaming, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, India, Taiwan, Spain, Marketwire, Inc., Appliances, Communications Technology, Computer Science, india, Family, Other,