|Page (1) of 1 - 02/27/12||email article||print page|
Cartera Commerce Announces Record Revenues for 2011Cartera's Card-Linked Advertising Network Generated More Than $1 Billion in Merchant Sales in 2011, More Than Previous Four Years Combined (February 27, 2012)
LEXINGTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/12 -- Cartera Commerce, the leading provider of card-linked marketing solutions, today announced record revenues for the fifth consecutive year, driven by the rapid adoption of card-linked offers by merchants, banks, loyalty programs and consumers. For the year ending December 31, 2011, Cartera's card-linked advertising network drove over $1 Billion in merchant sales -- more than the previous four years combined -- as a result of accelerating consumer adoption and increased advertising spend by national in-store brands, online retailers and local merchants. Local merchants alone increased advertising spend with Cartera by 785% year over year.
"Cartera's rapid and sustained growth directly reflects the success of our performance marketing model and the high ROI of our card-linked marketing solutions," said president and CEO Tom Beecher. "With no up-front costs and closed-loop transaction analytics, our merchants see ROI of up to 600% and are shifting more of their marketing dollars to the highly measurable card-linked marketing channel. We look forward to another year of rapid growth as we grow our merchant network, expand our bank and loyalty partnerships, and deliver new innovations in card-linked marketing."
Fueled by record revenues, Cartera led the card-linked marketing industry in 2011 by adding a record number of new merchants, expanding the largest network of linked cards, and introducing new product innovations to drive card-linked offer marketing and redemption for merchants and issuers.
Merchant Adoption and ROI
A record number of new merchants across all channels advertised with Cartera in 2011, utilizing the company's proprietary card-linked marketing solutions to drive incremental sales and high ROI. Cartera's merchant network now includes:
- More than 100 National in-store brands spanning more than 100,000 participating store locations
- Thousands of local businesses across 13 metropolitan areas, with six new markets launching in 2012
- More than 850 top online retailers, including 48 of the top 50
Consumer Reach and Client Expansion
In 2011, Cartera expanded its industry-leading consumer reach through new and existing client partnerships with top banks, card issuers and large loyalty co-brands. Cartera's advertising network now reaches:
- 150 million active consumers and 65 million active, linked payment cards
- Live programs with three of the top four financial institutions and all five largest airlines
- New programs with Barclaycard, Navy Federal, Southwest Airlines and IHG
Technology Innovation and Industry Leadership
Cartera continued to invest in product and technology innovation in 2011 and was broadly recognized as an industry leader. Key milestones included:
- Next Generation Card-Linked Offer Platform: Cartera launched its next-generation platform, introducing new innovations including local targeting, an enhanced card-linking engine, and Cartera Offer Cloud -- the largest set of ready-to-use, on-demand, card-linked offers.
- Local Offers Solution: Cartera unveiled its Local Offers solution, enabling banks, card issuers and loyalty programs to drive revenue from the explosive local deals market.
- Smart Browser App: Cartera delivered its new smart browser app through a strategic partnership with Billeo, helping consumers find and redeem card-linked offers as they search and shop the Web.
- Grocery Solution: Cartera announced a strategic partnership with SavingStar, enabling banks and loyalty programs to easily add grocery ecoupons to their card-linked offer programs.
- PCI and SAS70/SSAE-16 Certification: Cartera successfully renewed its PCI and SAS70/SSAE-16 certifications for bank-grade security, along with compliance with industry privacy standards.
- Industry Accolades: Cartera's products and leadership were recognized broadly by the industry in 2011, with the company being named a 2011 OnMedia 100 Top Private Company and a Global 250 Top Private Company.
About Cartera Commerce
Cartera Commerce is the leading provider of card-linked marketing solutions that increase revenue and customer loyalty for merchants, banks, card issuers and loyalty programs. For merchants, Cartera powers the industry's largest card-linked advertising network that delivers targeted offers to more than 150 million consumers -- including 65 million active linked cards -- to help acquire and retain customers. For banks, card issuers and loyalty programs, Cartera provides the industry's most comprehensive card-linked offer platform that powers personalized in-store and online shopping programs to build consumer engagement, maximize card spend and create new revenue streams. Cartera's platform delivers card-linked offers via multiple digital marketing channels including Websites, online banking, email, mobile, social media and browser apps. Three of the top four largest financial institutions, all five largest airlines and thousands of merchant advertisers drive incremental revenue with Cartera's fully-managed, performance-based solutions. The company is headquartered in Lexington, MA and has significant operations in Atlanta, GA. For more information, visit www.cartera.com.
Email: Email Contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: card-linked marketing, Cartera Commerce, advertising, Marketwire, ,Financial,Internet Technology,Military,Email,