|Page (1) of 1 - 02/09/11||email article||print page|
CardStar to Offer Groupon Location-Based DealsCardStar Extends Its Mobile Loyalty Platform by Publishing Groupon's Daily Deals to Its Users in More Than 160 Cities (February 09, 2011)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/09/11 --
- CardStar announced today that it is the first mobile loyalty app to integrate with Groupon -- bringing Groupon's estimated $1 billion in savings to CardStar's 1.3 million iPhone users.
- Through the CardStar app's Groupon card, users can access daily deals offered by national and local retailers specific to the user's current location.
- The Groupon card extends CardStar's mobile couponing feature and gives local businesses and merchants another touch point to reach shoppers in their area.
- CardStar is branching into new forms of loyalty, such as services like Honest Discounts and Groupon, in order to give users access to savings outside of traditional retailer rewards programs.
- Since launching in January 2009, CardStar has become the most widely used mobile loyalty application in the world with users in all 50 U.S. states and more than 180 countries worldwide.
- "The mobile wallet is no longer a pipedream and consumers are looking for tools that combine location, mobility and loyalty in order to access the right deals, at the right time, in the right place. Bringing deal services like Groupon into platforms like CardStar is a major stepping stone towards making the mobile wallet a reality. CardStar will continue to announce partnerships in 2011 that demonstrate its commitment to developing a comprehensive platform for savings-focused consumers." - Andy Miller, CardStar CEO
Please contact Kristine Lee to arrange an interview.
CardStar Inc. is a privately held software company developing mobile applications that perpetuate the use of loyalty cards and mobile coupons. The CardStar application consolidates membership and rewards cards on smartphones -- letting consumers access cards from within a single app and enabling merchants to tailor mobile deals and information to their customers. The company was founded in 2008 and is located in Boston, Mass. For more information, visit www.mycardstar.com.
Groupon, launched in November 2008 in Chicago, features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, eat, see and buy in more than 500 markets around the world. Groupon uses collective buying power to offer unbeatable prices and provide a win-win for businesses and consumers, delivering more than 650 daily deals globally. For more information, visit http://www.groupon.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: CardStar, Inc., Computers/Peripherals, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Smart Phone, iPods, iphone, USA, U.S. States, Massachusetts, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer,