|Page (1) of 1 - 06/02/03||email article||print page|
Canon To Ship PowerShot G5Digital camera offers 5 megapixel resolution
The PowerShot G5 features a 5 megapixel CCD sensor for capturing images up to 2,592 x 1,944 pixels. It also offers Canon's DIGIC processor, a 4x all-glass optical zoom lens (35 mm to 140 mm equivalent), a maximum aperture of f/2.0-3.0 and macro focusing to 2 inches. Other features include:
- Additional 4x digital zoom;
- 12 EOS system-based shooting modes;
- Wide-area FlexiZone AF/AE system, which allow users to focus on off-center subjects;
- Three metering systems;
- Automatic image rotation;
- 270-degree swivel LCD;
- Direct Connect print function;
- Three-mode built-in flash with red-eye reduction and first or second curtain sync;
- Compatibility with Canon's EX-series Speedlites and E-TTL wireless flash accessories;
- Compatibility with Canon supplementary lenses.
The PowerShot G5 comes equipped with software for Macintosh and Windows, as well as a 32 MB CompactFlash card, Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, ArcSoft Camera Suite CD-ROM, Power adapter, USB cable, AV cable, remote, neck strap and lens cap. It will be available this month for $899. For more information, visit http://www.usa.canon.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Canon To Ship PowerShot G5