|Page (1) of 1 - 06/25/02||email article||print page|
Canon Intros GL2 DV CameraThree-CCD camera records stills, non-interlaced 30 FPS video
The GL2 is built around three 410,000-pixel CCD imaging sensors (R, G and B) and includes Canon's Pixel Shift technology, which is designed to enhance picture quality in a wide variety of lighting situations. It can record in three modes: standard interlaced, digital still and 30 FPS non-interlaced "frame mode." Other features of the camera include
- 20x Optical / 100x Digital Zoom Lens with Fluorite and Optical Image Stabilizer.
- Two-channel manual audio level control. The levels can be monitored by an external VU meter or through the viewfinder or LCD screen.
- Three Audio modes: Normal for a studio or other controlled environment; Voice for accentuating voice over background noise; Wind Screen mode for minimizing whirling and whistling sounds.
- Optional MA-300 microphone adapter, connects and powers without wires, to the GL2's Advanced Accessory Shoe. It allows users to connect two XLR microphones.
- Programmed Auto Exposure.
- Picture Adjustment with Custom Preset.
- FireWire and USB connectors.
- 2.5-inch Color LCD Screen.
- Analog to Digital Converter.
- Clear Scan.
- Slow Shutter speeds of 1/8, 1/15 or 1/30 second for dramatic effects.
- Two 16:9 aspect ratio methods: 16:9 Guides and 16:9 Recording Mode. The 16:9 framing guides are thin white lines that appear in the viewfinder only and are not recorded on the tape.
- Variable Zebra Patterns.
- Standard SMPTE Color Bars.
- Interval Timer.
- Settings for 0dB, +6dB, +12dB, +18dB and Automatic Gain.
- White Balance can be set for Automatic, Manual, preset Indoors and preset Outdoors.
The Canon GL2 DV camcorder kit includes the GL2 body with built-in 20x Optical Zoom Lens, BP-915 Battery Pack, CA-920 Compact Power Adapter DC-920 DC Coupler, Standard and Large Eyecup, SS-650Shoulder Strap, WL-D77 Wireless Controller, S-150 S-Video Cable, STV-250N Stereo Video Cable, Lens Hood, SDC-8M SD Memory Card, Software and a USB cable. It will be available in mid-July for $2,999. For more information, visit http://www.canondv.com/gl2/index.html.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Canon Intros GL2 DV Camera Three-CCD camera records stills, non-interlaced 30 FPS video