|Page (1) of 1 - 01/29/04||email article||print page|
Canon Debuts EOS-1D Mark II CameraSLR-style camera offers 8.2 megapixel resolution
The EOS-1D Mark II offers an 8.2 megapixel resolution for capturing images at 3,520 x 2,336 pixels with the ability to capture 8 megapixel JPEG images at 8.5 frames per second in bursts of 40 frames. It can capture raw images in bursts of 20 frames. Based on the previous 4.1 megapixel EOS-1D, the Mark II has double the resolution and double the image buffer. It uses DDR-SDRAM and dual 32-bit RISC processors for handling autofocus and lens drive separately. Other features include:
- DIGIC II image processing, which Canon says is twice the speed of the processing in the camera's predecessor;
- Direct print capabilities;
- EXIF 2.21-compatible standard;
- Shutter speeds of 30 seconds to 1/8,000 seconds, plus bulb;
- 45-point autofocus;
- A two-inch, 230,000-pixel TFT monitor;
- FireWire and USB ports;
- Histogram display;
- Support for Picture Transfer Protocol for compatibility with Mac OS X and Windows systems;
- Redesigned E-TTL flash metering system;
- Simultaneous raw and JPEG image capture;
- Compatibility with all Canon EF, TS-E and MP-E mounts;
- Manual, Aperture-priority, Shutter-priority, Program and Bulb;
- ISO range of 50 to 3,200;
- Support for COmpactFlash I and II, Microdrives and SD media.
The EOS-1D Mark II is expected to ship in April for $4,499.
Canon has also introduced two new models in its line of EF lenses. These include the new EF28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM, a 22-element L-series lens that offers 11x zoom capabilities and refined image stabilization; and the EF70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM, which also offers enhanced image stabilization and improved autofocus speed. They're expected to ship in March for $2,499 and $1,299, respectively.
For more information, visit http://www.usa.canon.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the editor and producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Corel Painter, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Canon Debuts EOS-1D Mark II Camera
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved