|Page (1) of 1 - 09/24/02||email article||print page|
Canon Debuts 11.1 Megapixel CameraEOS-1Ds designed for studio photographers
The new EOS-1Ds includes 45-point autofocus, 21-point evaluative metering, simultaneous RAW and JPEG recording, 10-mode white balance and five-mode color matrix selection. The camera has an ISO range of 50 to 1,250 and a top shutter speed of 1/8000 second. Other features include:
- FireWire connection;
- X-sync speed of 1/250 second;
- Twenty-one custom functions with 67 settings and 26 "Personal Functions;"
- Capable of shooting up to three frames per second in 10-frame bursts;
- Center-Weighted, Central Partial, Central Spot, Focusing-Point Linked Spot or Multi-Spot metering;
- Compatible with all Canon EF lenses and most EOS System accessorie;
- Ten white balance settings, including presets for Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent and Flash;
- Manual settings of color temperature in degrees Kelvin, over a range from 2,800 to 10,000K in 100K increments;
- Built-in White Balance Bracketing.
The EOS-1Ds will be available in November for $8,999. Canon says it will release a Mac OS X version of its File Viewer utility for the camera in the first quarter of 2003. For more information, visit http://www.usa.canon.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Canon Debuts 11.1 Megapixel Camera EOS-1Ds designed for studio photographersCanon has unveiled its new EOS-1Ds digital camera. The new model is an SLR-style camera with an 11.1 megapixel, full-frame CMOS sensor. Canon says the camera, targeted toward studio photographers, will be available in November for $8, 999.
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved