|Page (1) of 1 - 04/16/03||email article||print page|
Canon Announces Elura 50 DV CameraNew model offers still image and video capture
The Elura 50 combines DV recording and still image capture up to 1,024 x 768. Like its predecessors, the new model is a compact camera. It uses a 0.17-inch, 680,000-pixel CCD image sensor, along with a Digic DV processor, which is designed to improve the color reproduction of images. The camera includes a 10x optical zoom (up to 400x digital zoom) and offers image stabilization; a rotating 2-inch screen; and several interfaces, including composite, S-video, FireWire and USB. It also includes a slot that can accept either MultiMediaCards or Secure Digital cards for still image capture.
Other features include:
- Direct Print feature for connecting directly to Canon Bubble Jet Direct printers;
- Manual controls, including focus, exposure lock, white balance and shutter speed;
- Pre-programmed auto exposure modes, including Sports, Portrait, Spotlight, Sand & Snow, Color Night mode and Super Color Night mode;
- Special effects, such as Art, Black & White, Sepia, Mosaic, Ball, Cube, Wave, Color Mask or Mirror;
- Transitions, including Wipe, Corner, Jump, Flip, Puzzle, Zig Zag, Beam, Tide, Fade Trigger and standard Black;
- Stitch Assist for creating 360-degree panoramic still images;
- 16:9 widescreen mode;
- Built-In microphone terminal;
- Integrated speaker;
- Photo/date search;
- Time code;
- LANC terminal.
The Canon Elura 50 will ship with a battery pack, AC adapter, battery charger, USB cable, 8 MB SD Memory Card, wireless remote, S-video cable and stereo video cable. It will also include a CD-ROM containing a USB Driver, ZoomBrowser EX (Windows), ImageBrowser (Mac), Photo Stitch, Photo Record (Windows) and Canon DV Messenger. It will be available in May for $899. Fo9r more information, visit http://www.usa.canon.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Canon Announces Elura 50 DV Camera