|Page (1) of 1 - 01/07/02||email article||print page|
Camcorder Popularity Stimulates Consumer Demand for TapeFujifilm reports strong sales of products in all camcorder formats (January 07, 2002)
"The market has seen significant price drops in camcorders this year," said John Bock, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Consumer Products, Magnetic Markets Division, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. "As a result, we've seen a tremendous rise in sales of all formats of Fujifilm camcorder tape, through all channels of distribution. Sales growth through retailers in this particular product category tells us that camcorders are fast becoming ubiquitous, and that consumers view camcorder tape as a regular lifestyle purchase."
Over the last nine months, Fujifilm's sales of products in all camcorder formats, digital formats included, have been strong when compared to sales in the same period last year. Bock said this growth reflects an increased household market penetration in the camcorder hardware category.
"The new digital camcorder hardware now provides tremendous levels of quality and a host of new, innovative features. That's why Fujifilm offers a complete range of high-quality camcorder tapes in every format, to ensure that consumers can find a tape that meets their needs," said Bock.
Fujifilm offers a complete line of video recording tape products to work with a range of formats:
- Hi8 ME Position: The world's first metal particle (MP) tape to deliver performance equal to metal evaporated (ME) tape. Fujifilm's Hi8 ME Position videocassettes are available in the E6-120 minute length.
- Hi8 MP: This product offers broadcast-quality images with unsurpassed audio characteristics when used in high-band systems. Fujifilm's Hi8 MP cassettes are available in P6-60 and P6-120 minute lengths.
- 8mm PRO: Especially suited for preserving special moments, Fujifilm's 8mm PRO cassette is a high-grade tape designed for use with conventional 8mm video systems. Exceptional performance, including vivid high-definition images, leads to high-quality pictures that are bright and sharp. This product is available in a P6-120 minute length.
- 8mm MP: The video output of this blank tape rivals that of high-grade VHS cassettes. A Super-Hybrid Carbon backcoating, developed for professional broadcast videocassettes, and a Flexible 3-D Network Binder offer exceptional durability and stable transport -- even in extreme weather conditions. Fujifilm's 8mm MP cassettes are available in P6-60, P6-120 and P6-150 minute lengths.
- Mini DVCassette: Designed exclusively for DVC camcorders, Fujifilm's Mini DVCassette is the tape of choice for a wide range of consumers and higher-end video applications utilizing DVC equipment, including those in a computer-editing environment. Fujifilm's Mini DVCassette is available in DVC-60 and DVC-80 minute lengths.
- PRO VHS-C, SUPER VHS-C: Developed for specific use with each camcorder system, these compact videocassettes are designed with the true videophile in mind. The compact VHS and compact Super VHS cassette for camcorders offer high output oxide particles for high resolution. These products deliver sharp, vivid colors, as well as superior sound. The Fuji VHS-C is available in TC-30 and TC-40 and the S-VHS-C camcorder videotape is available in ST-C30 length.
For more information on Fujifilm products, access the Fujifilm USA Web site at fujifilm.com.
Related Keywords:DV Format, The Magnetic Markets Division, Fuji Photo Film, camcorder sales, Spring 2001, consumer demand for camcorder cassette tape, 8mm, Mini DV formats
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved