|Page (1) of 1 - 11/08/10||email article||print page|
Calling All Early Adopters -- Picksie Begins Private Beta Testing of Discovery Service for Recommending Events, Activities or Places of InterestThe First 500 Private Beta Users That Test the Site Enter to Win a Free iPad; Facebook Fans Can Enter the "Picksie Your City" Contest for a Grand Prize (November 08, 2010)
JERSEY CITY, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/10 --
Picksie today announces the private beta testing of its location-based website and discovery service originally optimized for the iPad. Now, people in the New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia metro, San Francisco metro and San Jose metro areas can sign up and try the service by asking the question, "What can I do, right here, right now?" The first 500 beta users that create a Picksie profile and provide details about their experience can enter to win an iPad.
- As a location-based discovery service, Picksie allows you to consider the best personalized options for events, restaurants and places of interest by taking into consideration your profile, tastes, location, time at your location, day of the week and even weather.
- Research shows that when faced with a tough decision, one of several things generally occurs - you end up making poor decisions, are more dissatisfied with your choices, become paralyzed and don't choose anything, or rely on habit and familiarity. Picksie tackles the daunting decision making process for you by removing irrelevant choices and narrowing down choices further based on your profile and past behavior.
- For people who turn to search engines for answers, why use seemingly random answers or comb through countless reviews from strangers on Yelp or Urbanspoon? Picksie takes you into consideration - your past preferences, location, areas of interest - and filters out suggestions that don't fit. Picksie will never suggest dinner spots at lunch time, bars in the morning, outdoor-only places during the winter or places that are currently closed for business.
- Why not the iPhone? With Picksie, you are able to enjoy a richer, more powerful experience that you can't get on a phone application. Picksie's iPad-optimized website gives access to more content and faster updates than today's mobile phone apps.
- Now, get more access to Picksie than ever! Picksie is no longer just on the iPad, but has been enhanced to run on Chrome 5 and above and Firefox 3.6 and above, allowing users to expand their experience.
- Move over Foursquare and Gowalla, it's not just about checking in anymore - Picksie takes location-based services to the next level and helps personalize your location based experience. At your client's office and need to find out the closest restaurant that serves the food you love and is open for a last-minute business lunch? Picksie can combine your location - everything from geography to time to weather - with your previous likes and dislikes, and make a recommendation that is right for you!
- Do you constantly update your Facebook status or Twitter feed? Love to stay connected? Enter the Picksie Community to interact with friends on Picksie.com, Facebook and Twitter. Check out the Picksie friend feed to see what your friends are doing, comment on friends' activities and read your friends' recent reviews. Users can also use the community to discover new friends or find and invite friends to join from Facebook.
- Tired of the headache of calling, emailing or simply guessing what your friends want to do? As a planning tool, Picksie lets you talk to friends in real-time and interact while you are planning in order to make quick, confident and enjoyable decisions.
- After launching at DEMO in September, Picksie wants to hear from users in the New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia metro, San Francisco metro and San Jose metro areas. The first 500 early adopters interested in testing Picksie can sign up for details and enter to win an iPad. Furthermore, Picksie Facebook Fans can enter the "Picksie Your City" Contest to win the Grand Prize -- "See your City in a Chopper." To sign up or learn more about the contest, go to: www.picksie.com.
- Picksie was founded by Ishi Systems, a product development firm delivering end-to-end technology solutions for enterprises as well as startups. Ishi has been developing enterprise, security and mobile solutions for its customers globally since 1994.
Quote, attributed to Ajay Mohan, CEO
"Picksie received a lot of buzz with our alpha launch at the DEMO show in September. The ability to use a personalized discovery engine that learned about you and eliminated the hassle required to research new places or events really resonated with people. Consumers have been excited about location-based services for a while, but we've found that one of the biggest barriers to increasing adoption is a lack of meaningful functionality. Our goal with Picksie is to change this image, and we're excited to move into the next phase of our launch and receive feedback about real-world experiences from beta testers."
Quote, attributed to Saju Thomas, product manager
"No doubt, today's Web-savvy trendsetters have access to an enormous amount of information about restaurants, events and places of interest but for the most part, it's all clutter. It takes time to go through search engine results, keep up with email alerts or read establishment reviews - that's why as we created Picksie we looked at the features that were missing from other search engines and recommendation services and worked to fill in the gaps. Now, we're looking for users in several key tech areas, such as New York and San Francisco, that want to try Picksie and, ultimately, eliminate the noise so they can save time and discover new places or events."
Picksie is a location-based discovery service optimized for the iPad that answers the question "What can I do, right here, right now?" Picksie applies a user's profile, past ratings, searches and reviews, as well as current day, time and weather, to recommend events, activities and places of interest - such as restaurants, cafes, bars and cinemas. By creating a Picksie profile, users save time deciding what to do and receive instant recommendations that match their unique likes and location.
Picksie was founded by Ishi Systems, a product development firm delivering end-to-end technology solutions for enterprises as well as startups. Ishi has been developing enterprise, security and mobile solutions for its customers globally since 1994. The Company is headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey. For more information on Picksie, check them out on Facebook or Twitter.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1415072
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1415066
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1415074
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1415070
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Recommendation engine, location-based discovery service, social review website, events, iPad app , Communications, Digital Audio, iPods, iphone, iPad, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Security, Search, Search Engines, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Restaurants, Communications Technology, Business, Email, Other,