|Page (1) of 1 - 03/21/12||email article||print page|
California State University Standardizes 23 Campuses on Oracle's PeopleSoft ApplicationsCountry's Largest University System Consolidates Financial Management and Will Consolidate Human Capital Management to Help Improve Efficiency and Reduce Costs (March 21, 2012)
NASHVILLE, TN -- (Marketwire) -- 03/21/12 -- ALLIANCE '12 CONFERENCE -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- The California State University (CSU) is currently standardizing its 23-campus system and the Chancellor's Office on Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications.
- CSU is the largest public university system in the United States. The CSU awards about 90,000 degrees annually and since its creation in 1961 has conferred nearly 2.6 million.
- As part of its strategic plan, Access to Excellence, CSU has made a commitment to take advantage of technology to meet future educational needs and has created the Common Management Systems (CMS). The mission of CMS is to provide efficient, effective and high quality service to the students, faculty and staff of the 23-campus CSU and the Office of the Chancellor.
- In an effort to improve efficiency and reduce costs system wide, CSU has consolidated its financial management processes and systems onto PeopleSoft Financial Management.
- To provide a unified view of financial operations, CSU consolidated 22 campus instances of PeopleSoft Financials onto a single, system-wide instance. Those applications include: General Ledger, Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Purchasing. CSU also uses Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition for analytics and reporting.
- CSU is consolidating on PeopleSoft HCM in pursuit of several strategic goals: reinvesting in its faculty to reduce compensation gaps, increasing the number of tenure-track positions, as well as attracting and retaining top staff and faculty.
- The CSU consolidated financials system is now the largest single higher education deployment of PeopleSoft Financials in the United States. A centralization of this size is unprecedented, yet was still completed on time and on budget. Once completed, CSU will also be the largest higher education deployment of PeopleSoft HCM in one single instance.
- CSU also uses PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to manage its student academic operations, including scheduling and registering for classes, calculating and collecting fees, awarding financial aid and assessing students' academic progress.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance and lower total cost of ownership.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions is a comprehensive suite of software designed for the changing needs of higher education institutions. Oracle continues to collaborate with CSU and colleges and universities around the globe to deliver the most responsive and comprehensive student administration and alumni development systems available today.
- Unisys is hosting CSU's PeopleSoft applications and providing access for university students, faculty and staff through the Unisys Hosted Secure Private Cloud Solution. Unisys is a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
- "In order to continue to meet the goals of our strategic plan, we felt it was critical to standardize our operational processes -- both in the back office and those that our students touch every day -- by maximizing our technology investment and cutting costs," said Larry Furukawa-Schlereth, Chief Financial Officer, Sonoma State University, and Chairman of CSU's Common Management System Executive Committee, California State University. "Having a single view of all important information in one system helps the California State University continue to offer excellent educational opportunities at affordable costs as we help shape the future quality of civic and economic life in California."
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle in Higher Education
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
- Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, Oracle, PeopleSoft, CSU, California State University, financials, HCM, campus solutions, Applications, Education, Hardware, Management, USA, Marketwire, , Financial, Business, Other,