|Page (1) of 1 - 12/05/11||email article||print page|
Calif. man who killed 25 farmworkers denied paroleJuan Corona, once worst known serial killer, again denied parole in deaths of 25 farmworkers
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) ' A California man who was once known as the nation's worst serial killer has been denied parole four decades after the mutilated bodies of 25 farmworkers were unearthed in orchards north of Sacramento.
Sutter County Assistant District Attorney Jana McClung says parole officials decided Monday that Juan Corona can try again for parole in 5 years.
It was Corona's seventh bid for parole from Corcoran State Prison in the southern Central Valley.
McClung says for the first time, Corona admitted his guilt before the parole board.
The 77-year-old has previously maintained his innocence. McClung says Corona told parole officials that he killed his victims because they were trespassing.
Corona has been diagnosed with dementia. McClung argued that the dementia diagnosis makes him too dangerous to leave prison.
Related Keywords:Serial Killer-Parole,Violent crime,Crime,General news