|Page (1) of 1 - 10/31/11||email article||print page|
CafeMom to Launch a Mom Channel as Part of YouTube's New Original Channels Initiative(October 31, 2011)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 10/31/11 -- CafeMom (www.cafemom.com), the number one site for moms with more than nine million monthly unique visitors, announced today it will launch an original channel on YouTube in January 2012. The effort is part of YouTube's new original channels initiative -- a project focused on providing innovative, engaging content to the video site's worldwide audience.
CafeMom's channel will provide viewers with topical, shareable programming in a mix of genres -- from reality TV, to talk shows and game shows, to infotainment and education. The programming aims to both entertain and inform and will be produced specifically to appeal to moms. The channel will feature well-known talent like actress and author Suzanne Somers and CafeMom co-founder and actor Andrew Shue, alongside popular mom bloggers and real moms who have interesting and compelling stories to tell.
"CafeMom is committed to delivering the very best content and community for moms. Working with YouTube allows us to expand our offerings to a new platform and deliver compelling videos that moms will want to view and talk about," said Michael Sanchez, CEO of CafeMom.
CafeMom tapped its robust and vocal community and its deep knowledge of what moms like in order to create a roster of programming that will appeal to a broad group of mothers. The organization plans to involve moms as co-creators throughout the process -- getting their feedback on show ideas, enlisting them as talent, and activating them to spread the word.
Some of the planned CafeMom shows are:
- Extreme Mom Jobs -- Any mom will tell you she will do whatever it takes to provide for her family, but these moms go to the extreme. Each episode will focus on a mom with a challenging, dangerous or out-of-the-ordinary job -- from FBI agent to circus performer.
- Mommy Wars -- Andrew Shue, CafeMom co-founder and former Melrose Place star, will host/referee a panel of women who vehemently disagree about certain parenting choices.
- Let's Talk -- Popular mom bloggers get the opportunity to host their own talk show and have their "Oprah moment."
- Your Kid Asked What? -- Kids are always asking questions that we as parents have no idea how to answer. Help is finally here.
- Moms Matter 2012 -- Moms need to be informed about the issues that impact them and their voices need to be heard. This show will use vibrant debate and engaging conversation to educate, inspire and empower mothers as the presidential campaign unfolds
*Note all above are working titles
"We recognize that motherhood isn't all about parenting, but becoming a mom does change your perspective. With this in mind, we're excited to offer a broad array of original content that provides a mom's lens on the world as well as transports viewers into the lives of compelling moms," said Tracy Odell, EVP of content strategy at CafeMom.
CafeMom plans to partner with several production companies, including Studio Now and Prime Content, to produce over 800 episodes of original video programming.
Launched in late 2006, CafeMom is the number one site on the internet for moms and the premier strategic marketing partner to brands that want to reach moms in a rapidly changing digital environment. CafeMom reaches more than 9MM unique visitors per month on CafeMom.com and 23MM+ unique visitors per month on CafeMom Plus (comScore, Sept. 2011), a boutique network of sites that reach moms and parents. CafeMom is also the leader in developing custom programs for leading brands that want to connect with and understand moms online. With programs that allow leading brands to join the consumer conversation, add value to moms' lives, and get members talking about sponsor brands in an authentic and viral way, CafeMom is a strategic partner to leading mom companies like General Mills, Kmart, P&G, Target, Dell, and many others. In May 2011, CafeMom extended its offering beyond community and content and into commerce by launching Mom.com, a local daily deals site targeted to moms and their families. CafeMom plans to launch a new bilingual stand-alone site to serve Hispanic moms in 2012. CafeMom lead investors are Highland Capital Partners and Draper Fisher Jurvetson. The company was founded by Andrew Shue and Michael Sanchez.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: CafeMom, Marketwire, ,Television,Internet Technology,Internet,Family,Parents,Women,