|Page (1) of 1 - 04/02/12||email article||print page|
CafeMom Studios Launches Nine New Programs for Popular YouTube ChannelNumber One Site for Moms Expands Viewership With Fresh, Compelling Content (April 02, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 04/02/12 -- CafeMom, the number one site for moms with more than nine million monthly unique visitors, today launches CafeMom Studios' second slate of programming. The nine new shows feature a wide variety of mom personalities, ranging from notable moms like Alex McCord (Real Housewives of New York) and stars of Broadway's smash hit MAMMA MIA!, to moms from the CafeMom community with extraordinary stories.
The CafeMom Studios channel launched in January 2012 as part of YouTube's Original Channel initiative, and has already featured many must-see moments, including a Three's Company reunion between co-stars Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt that was 30 years in the making, and intimate interviews with presidential candidates as part of CafeMom's Moms Matter 2012 initiative.
"We are excited to continue to bring compelling programming to CafeMom Studios that showcases diverse and interesting mom personalities," said Tracy Odell, executive vice president for CafeMom. "There are so many amazing moms out there and we're lucky to have so many of them taking part in our shows. From TV personalities and mom bloggers, to the mom next door who has an interesting story to tell, they are all represented in this line-up."
Programs for this season are described below.
- "Coffee Shop Confessions" brings the most shocking confessions from the CafeMom community to life through video with sometimes hilarious, sometimes eyebrow-raising re-enactments followed by commentary from Andrew Shue, of "Melrose Place" and co-founder of CafeMom, and a panel of moms, including Alex McCord, of "Real Housewives of New York" fame.
- "On Broadway: With Kids, Featuring the Parents of MAMMA MIA!" offers an intimate look into the lives of the cast and crew of Broadway's smash hit MAMMA MIA! -- show people who are also raising families beyond the footlights -- quintessential New Yorkers trying to balance it all while putting on one of Broadway's longest running hit musicals eight times a week.
- "Our Special Life" examines the experiences of families with special needs children. The most requested show by the CafeMom community, each episode features a family dealing with the realities and challenges involved with raising a child with special needs.
- "The Kristen Chase Show" is hosted by popular mom blogger Kristen Chase, who knows how to keep it real. Kristen and her guests dish on kids, relationships, sex and self.
- "Mom-Ed: Green Living" is hosted by TV personality and wellness expert, Kristen Eykel, who brings moms a fresh and comprehensive guide to going green. From green birthdays to no-waste lunches, each episode is jam packed with useful information to help moms put their families on the path to a greener lifestyle.
- "The Daily Stir" is a daily program hosted by editors from The Stir that brings fresh perspectives on what's buzzing for moms. From parenting to politics, celebrities, and style, "The Daily Stir" talks about what moms are talking about.
- "Your Kid Asked What!?!" brings moms answers to some of the crazy questions kids ask. How do airplanes stay in the sky? Why is pink for girls and blue for boys? Help is finally here.
- "The Real Moms of CafeMom" profiles CafeMom members with amazing stories, from the mom who bedazzles everything in her home, to the single mom of young triplets. The show puts faces to the screen names, and tells the stories of the real women behind the avatars.
- "Moms Matter 2012" is an ongoing part of CafeMom's non-partisan initiative to help moms get informed, get activated, and have their voices heard in the 2012 elections. This show features lively debate and engaging conversation to educate, inspire and empower mothers as the presidential campaign unfolds.
View episodes and subscribe to CafeMom Studios at: http://www.youtube.com/cafemomstudios.
About CafeMom Studios
CafeMom Studios (www.youtube.com/CafeMomStudios) is a lifestyle network for today's digital generation of moms that recognizes that motherhood isn't all about parenting, but becoming a mom does change your perspective. CafeMom Studios offers a broad array of original content that transports viewers into the lives of compelling moms. The programming is entertaining and authentic, revealing the wonder and diversity of motherhood. The YouTube channel will feature more than 20 original series by the end of 2012.
CafeMom is the leading media company for moms, reaching an audience of more than 20MM across its properties (comScore, Jan. 2012), which include CafeMom.com, MamásLatinas.com, CafeMom Studios, and the CafeMom Plus Network. CafeMom is the leader in developing custom programs for top brands, making it the premier strategic marketing partner to brands that want to reach moms in a rapidly changing digital environment. CafeMom lead investors are Highland Capital Partners and Draper Fisher Jurvetson. The company was founded by Andrew Shue and Michael Sanchez.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: CafeMom, moms, CafeMom Studios, Andrew Shue, Alex McCord, YouTube, Mamma Mia, Marketwire, , Television, Lifestyle, Politics, Elections, elections, Family, Children, Parents, Women,