|Page (1) of 1 - 12/03/01||email article||print page|
COMDEX Attendees Expect to Increase Spending On IT(December 03, 2001)
The survey also showed the top five most visited Technology Zones on the exhibit floor were Software Platforms and Solutions (74 percent attendance); Networking (69 percent attendance); Digital Imaging (51 percent attendance); and IT Services and Information Appliances (each with 48 percent attendance).
The survey also found that COMDEX Fall attendees are highly qualified buyers and are key decision makers in regards to purchasing technology. Most notably, the survey found:
· Ninety-three percent of respondents have a role in purchasing information products and services.
· Fifty percent are business decision makers and 50 percent are IT/IS or Web professionals.
· Seventy-three percent of respondents are involved with evaluating, purchasing or implementing business process technologies, of which 40 percent are focusing on databases.
· Eighty-three percent of respondents are involved with contingency planning, readiness or security technologies.
· Ninety-one percent of respondents are involved with evaluating, purchasing or implementing infrastructure technologies.
· Eighty-seven percent attended COMDEX Fall to evaluate products.
· Eighty-nine percent agreed that COMDEX is the leading IT tradeshow in the U.S. · Seventy-six percent agreed that if they could only attend one event this year, it needed to be COMDEX Fall, while 50 percent actually have not attended any other trade show in the past 12 months.
COMDEX Fall is the IT marketplace where buyers and sellers meet, learn and make technology decisions. For more information visit www.comdex.com.
COMDEX Fall is a Key3Media event. Key3Media Group, Inc., is the world's leading producer of information technology tradeshows and conferences, serving more than 6,000 exhibiting companies and 1.5 million attendees through 60 events in 18 countries. Key3Media's products range from the IT industry's largest exhibitions such as COMDEX and NetWorld+Interop to highly focused events featuring renowned educational programs, custom seminars and specialized vendor marketing programs. For more information about Key3Media, visit www.key3media.com.
Related Keywords:comdex, IT, budgets, spending, research
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved