|Page (1) of 1 - 07/22/04||email article||print page|
CADCIM Releases CATIA and Solid Edge TextbooksTextbooks by Prof. Sham Tickoo of Purdue University Calumet (July 22, 2004)
CADCIM Technologies has just released two new textbooks for CATIA and Solid Edge students. CATIA for Designers V5R13 and Solid Edge for Designers Release15 textbooks are written with the tutorial point of view and learn-by-doing as the theme. About 35 mechanical engineering industry examples are used as tutorials in both these textbooks and an additional 25 as exercises that enable the user relate the models created in these textbooks with the actual mechanical industry designs.
Both these books consist of 13 chapters covering the Part, Assembly, and Drawing environments of CATIA V5R13 and Solid Edge R15, respectively. Every chapter in these textbooks begins with a command section that provides a detailed explanation of the commands and tools. The command section is followed by tutorials wherein the models are created using these commands. This approach allows the user understand the commands and the related concepts before creating the model.
CADCIM Technologies provides free technical support to all users of these textbooks. For technical support, users can contact us at [email protected]
We also provide the following free teachings resources to faculty.
* PowerPoint Presentations for every chapter in the textbooks. You can easily customize these PowerPoint Presentations based on the requirements of the course you are teaching.
* Instructors guide with solutions to review questions and instructions to complete the exercises that are given at the end of each chapter.
* Part, Assembly, and Drawing files of all illustrations, tutorials, and exercises used in these textbooks.
* The course outlines that clearly indicates which sections are to be taught in the introduction or basic class and which sections are for advanced class. This allows you to select the topics to be taught in your course.
* Student projects.
* Class tests that you can use to test the students.
Please contact us at [email protected] to access the web site where these teaching aids are posted. Free resources such as student projects, tips and notes, and updates are also available for students and can be downloaded from the authors website or www.cadcim.com. For detailed information about our textbooks, you can contact us at [email protected] or visit www.cadcim.com.
Related Keywords:CADCIM, CATIA, Solid Edge, Textbooks, Sham Tickoo, Purdue University Calumet, CADCIM Technologies, CATIA for Designers V5R13, Solid Edge for Designers Release15, mechanical engineering,