|Page (1) of 1 - 01/23/12||email article||print page|
C3 Launches Version 3 of Energy and Emissions Management SuiteNew Software Release Delivers Rapid Time to Customer Value for Managing Enterprise-Wide Energy and Sustainability (January 23, 2012)
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/12 -- C3 (www.c3-e.com), a leading provider of energy and emissions management software solutions, today announced C3 Energy and Emissions Management Version 3, its latest major software release. C3 Version 3 is an integrated suite of applications that manage enterprise-wide energy and sustainability to drive material financial value. Version 3 features rich functionality, an intuitive user interaction model, and true business insight from deep analytics reporting on big data.
Version 3 has been previewed to the industry analyst community and C3 customers.
"C3 Energy and Emissions Management Version 3 helps companies to monitor, manage and mitigate their energy use more quickly and effectively than ever before," said Andrew Singer, Senior Vice President, Constellation Energy, a C3 customer and partner. "We expect that our users will be very impressed with the robust breadth of functionality that this release provides."
"Critically, C3's offering takes into account the broader energy management 'value chain,' helping to deliver energy effectiveness and financial savings in a comprehensive way," said Don Bray, President, AltaTerra Research. "C3's latest release offers expanded capabilities consistent with their role as a visionary in the energy and carbon management software marketplace."
C3 Energy and Emissions Management consists of the following integrated solutions:
- C3 Energy: Monitor, analyze, visualize, and benchmark energy consumption across operations, including offices, data centers, plants, equipment, and other assets.
- C3 Sustainability: Collect, analyze, forecast, and report GHG emissions data.
- C3 Mitigation: Create an optimized portfolio of energy and emissions reduction projects to meet financial, operational, and environmental goals and constraints.
- C3 Incentives: Search a regularly updated library of information to identify and capture financial incentives that reduce capital outlays and operating energy costs.
- C3 Foundation: Perform core energy and emissions management functions: model energy and emissions characteristics, import and manage data, and define and manage key performance indicators. C3 Foundation also provides platform services, such as security, authentication, and administration.
The C3 Energy and Emissions Management suite is built on a scalable web architecture that can be deployed in the cloud or as an on-premise appliance.
Version 3 Highlights:
The solution capabilities have been broadened to better meet the needs of energy managers, facility managers, and financial managers. New features in C3 Version 3 include:
- Energy usage and emissions performance management
- Integration with the Energy Star database, to better benchmark facility performance with industry standards
- Carbon disclosure and emissions inventory reporting
- Forecasting and tracking of the financial impact of energy conservation measures
- C3 Incentives Library -- a curated, up-to-date resource for identifying relevant federal, state, local, and utility incentives from the over 40,000 incentives listed
An Intuitive User Experience
C3 Version 3 delivers a compelling and easy to use web-based user experience. Application ease of use has been streamlined, so that users can find information and utilize features relevant to their role, quickly and easily. User experience enhancements include:
- Configurable dashboards, to ensure that the most appropriate reports and analytics are readily available
- Defined roles and responsibilities for users, so that only information pertinent to the user's role is displayed or available
- Task management, to ensure that activities are duly tracked and completed
- Redesigned screens and menus, for faster, easier navigation
Built-in Reporting and Analytics
C3 Version 3 is designed to provide true business insight from deep analytics reporting on big data. C3 Version 3 features new pre-built reports and tools for energy and emissions management. This ensures that customers are able to report and analyze their business performance quickly.
Role-based dashboards in C3 provide a way for users to engage with the information most relevant to their position, such as energy manager or facility manager, and to easily explore the drivers of report results. Using C3 Performance Analyzer, businesses can set programmatic goals with specific targets and monitor their progress towards goals.
"Understanding the cost and quantifying the savings associated with efficiency investments is a pivotal challenge for facility management decision-makers as they approach the market for Smart Building investments," said IDC Energy Insights' research analyst Casey Talon. "C3's Version 3 will help decision-makers prioritize investments to meet the needs of their particular energy management strategy."
"C3 is dedicated to helping customers increase profitability and energy savings cash flow by optimizing their enterprise energy strategy," said Ed Abbo, President and CTO, C3. "Version 3 is a powerful, integrated approach that helps companies to more quickly and easily achieve their financial, operational, and environmental goals."
C3 Energy and Emissions Management Version 3 is being beta tested by C3 customers. The software will be generally available to new customers in February 2012.
Live demonstrations of C3 Energy and Emissions Management Version 3 will be shown at DistribuTECH 2012, in the booth of SAIC (#916).
C3 provides a family of energy and emissions management software solutions that enable organizations to monitor, mitigate, and monetize energy usage and associated greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in order to increase profitability. C3 solutions are currently in use to reduce energy cost, risk, and environmental impact at major manufacturers, utilities, technology companies, and municipalities, among others. For more information, please visit www.c3-e.com.
For more information, contact:
Corporate Public Relations
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: energy resource management, emissions management, carbon management, sustainability, EECM , Marketwire, , Financial, Environmental Technology, Internet Technology, Green Technology, Business, Family, Other,