|Page (1) of 1 - 12/01/11||email article||print page|
C2Call Adds New Features to FriendCaller for Android(TM)Android Users Receive a Real Phone Number With Caller ID to Support Texting/SMS and Direct Inward Dialing; the Voice-Over-IP (VoIP) App Now Features Chinese Language Support (December 01, 2011)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/01/11 -- C2Call, the pioneer for Java-based VoIP calls via the browser, today announced several enhancements to FriendCaller for Android including the addition of a real phone number that enables users to send and receive text messaging (SMS) and Direct Inward Dialing (DID) incoming calls with Caller ID.
"We are pleased to reach yet another important milestone in the development of FriendCaller for Android," said Michael Knecht, CTO of FriendCaller developer C2Call GmbH. "By adding a real phone number, we are responding to a emerging trend among users who have the desire for an all-in-one Voice-over-IP app which effectively turns non-phone devices such as an Android tablet into a mobile phone, or adds a second line to an Android smart phone. With FriendCaller users can place video and voice calls, or send and receive texts using their own phone number, from wherever they are, whether it is on their smart phone, tablet or desktop computer."
FriendCaller leverages a unique cross-platform, cloud-hosted technology to support the innovative features that are available with its latest version of FriendCaller for Android including:
- A real phone number with Caller ID that can receive incoming calls from U.S. and international phone numbers, and texting from U.S. phone numbers, at no charge
- The ability to verify the mobile or landline phone number and all text calls
- The ability to send and receive texts (SMS) or receive DID calls or to any U.S. or international mobile phone number
- Free video calls and voice calls, with integrated echo-cancellation from Android smart phones and tablets and via all popular desktop browsers
- An enhanced user interface with sophisticated dial assistance when calling internationally
- The ability to earn free minutes that can be used to dial U.S. and international phone numbers by watching short video clips from FriendCaller sponsors
- Availability on more than 700 different Android-based devices and all popular desktop browsers
The latest version of FriendCaller for Android also features Chinese language support and a "super offer wall" where users can download the latest apps and earn free minutes and texts/SMS.
FriendCaller for Android is currently available via the Android Market, for Apple iOS platforms including iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad, for the Nokia S40 platform, and via the FriendCaller WebPhone and Facebook app.
C2Call is the first company to offer free VoIP phone calls to anyone, without the need to download software or register. C2Call's FriendCaller is the first and only WebPhone solution that lets anyone make a free call by clicking a link sent via email, IM, social networks, blog or website. C2Call was founded in 2008 by CEO Martin Feuerhahn and CTO Michael Knecht, founders of Actai Networks, the mobile Internet solutions development company. Investors in C2Call include Bill Draper, an early Skype investor.
For more information visit www.FriendCaller.com.
Apple, iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks, iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Suzanne Collier Public Relations
Phone: + 1 714 572 1498
Email: Email Contact
FriendCaller @ PlugnPlay TechCenter Sunnyvale, Calif.
C2Call GmbH, Werl, Germany
Phone: +1 408 364 6636
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: video calls, video calling, video phone, texting, SMS, Android, Caller-ID, Direct Inward Dial, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Internet, Browsers, Email, Other,