|Page (1) of 1 - 10/18/11||email article||print page|
Burns & McDonnell Implements Oracle's Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Solutions for $1.4 Billion Power Transmission Construction ProgramAEC Consultancy Firm Standardizes on Oracle's Primavera to Help Minimize Project Delays and Lower Costs (October 18, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/18/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Burns & McDonnell, an international architecture, engineering, construction management and environmental consulting firm, has deployed Oracle's Primavera suite of products, including Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) and Oracle's Primavera Contract Management to manage a number of large programs, including Central Maine Power's $1.4 billion Maine Power Reliability Program (MPRP).
- With an expected completion date of 2015, the MPRP includes the installation, upgrade and construction of nearly 440 miles of 345-kV and 115-kV new transmission facilities throughout 75 communities in the state of Maine. The MPRP is designed to alleviate congestion and strengthen the reliability of the power grid throughout the northeast region.
- To manage a project of this scale and complexity, Burns & McDonnell needed a comprehensive project management solution that could manage the entire project portfolio lifecycle, including project cost, scheduling and risk management.
- Oracle's Primavera Contract Management enabled Burns & McDonnell to create an open, collaborative and integrated environment for clients, contractors and vendors. This tool helped streamline communications and eliminate information silos by enabling all project participants to leverage a common platform of project and performance information.
- Utilizing Contract Management is also helping Burns & McDonnell centrally manage and maintain all construction documentation from various project stakeholders including requests for information (RFI's), submittals, change orders and cost impacts. It also maintains permit matrices, commitments and communications made with landowners and real estate management information.
- From a scheduling perspective, Oracle's Primavera P6 EPPM has provided a clear perspective of project performance from the project level to the senior management level. The MPRP team has used the program to monitor compliance with regulatory processes and to address cost variances and project costs analyses within days opposed to weeks.
- For additional visibility across its project portfolio, Burns & McDonnell also integrated Oracle's Primavera P6 EPPM and Oracle's Primavera Contract Management into its NoTouch Reporting® and OneTouchPM programs. These proprietary tools were designed to create a user-friendly visual platform to resolve a myriad of information management issues on a real-time basis. OneTouchPM and NoTouch Reporting® have served as Burns & McDonnell's benchmark for success in the demanding, fast-paced project environments. To learn more about Burns & McDonnell's OneTouchPM, please visit www.burnsmcd.com and search "OneTouchPM."
- "To efficiently manage a project of this scale and complexity, we needed a comprehensive project portfolio management solution that could help minimize risk and ensure that all activities stayed on time and within budget," said Bob Wolfe, Regional Controls Manager, Burns & McDonnell. "Oracle's Primavera enterprise portfolio project management solutions helped us gain real-time access to project information and improve efficiency by standardizing operations in an automated format. By gaining visibility and accountability across project programs, we can respond faster to customer inquiries and lower overall project costs."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle's Primavera
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle's Primavera Contract Management
- Burns & McDonnell
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell, founded in 1898, provides engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting services to clients throughout North America and abroad. More than 3,100 engineers, architects, scientists, planners, estimators, economists, technicians and other professionals work in 20 offices throughout the United States. For more information about Burns & McDonnell, visit the website at www.burnsmcd.com.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, customers, business benefits, Oracle, roi, projects, PPM, construction, engineering, power, Applications,Productivity Applications,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Software Development,Other Applications,Engineering/Scientific Software,Architecture,Search,Internet Server Applications,Search Servers,Project Management,Tools,Management,USA,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,AEC Attendees,Internet Technology,Business,Other,