|Page (1) of 1 - 05/23/12||email article||print page|
Bunchball and Wall Street Survivor Gamify Financial Education to Help Millenials Master Online Investment StrategiesPartnership Encourages Users to Learn About Everything From Stock Market Basics to Investment Strategies Using Missions, Quizzes and Rewards (May 23, 2012)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/23/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, announced a partnership with Wall Street Survivor to teach millenials investment strategies through gamification.
- Powered by Bunchball's Nitro platform, Wall Street Survivor's online financial education platform offers a series of engaging, rewarding "missions" that guide users through a range of stock market concepts, from portfolio basics to investment strategies.
- This partnership is geared toward millenials who consider themselves novice investors. Today, 30 percent of millenials turn to social media for information on the economy and investing strategies.
- Wall Street Survivor's users work through missions and participate in a stock market simulator with quizzes and rewards (both virtual and real-world).
- Users receive badges for making trades and completing missions and quizzes.
- Rewards are given based on top returns within users' virtual portfolios, the types of stocks traded and for the type of trader they are.
- The Wall Street Survivor Library also includes tutorials, videos and articles to provide users with more information.
- Bunchball's Nitro is the world's most widely deployed and scalable gamification platform, enabling organizations to create compelling, meaningful experiences that engage customers, partners and employees. Easy to use and customizable, Bunchball's Nitro is highly effective in increasing loyalty and engagement.
- For more information, visit www.bunchball.com. To join Wall Street Survivor, visit beta.wallstreetsurvivor.com.
Attributable to Rory Olson, CEO, Wall Street Survivor
"It was an easy decision to make the switch to Bunchball. Other gamification companies lack Bunchball's usability and features and fail to prove results. Bunchball's dedicated team has the experience to help Wall Street Survivor reinvent the financial education market through deep engagement and social connectivity."
Attributable to Jim Scullion, CEO, Bunchball
"The heart of any successful web property is its ability to keep site users engaged and motivated. By adding gamification to online financial education, Wall Street Survivor is eliminating the complexity around a topic that many people find hard to navigate. No other technology can improve motivation and engagement as well as Bunchball's Nitro solution."
ABOUT WALL STREET SURVIVOR
Wall Street Survivor is the first guided, mentored and fully socially integrated financial education site. Originally the largest virtual stock and trading platform world-wide, Wall Street Survivor has been redesigned to teach its users about basic finance and investing concepts through a fun and interactive learning experience. The site allows users to gain confidence in investing by trading real companies' stocks in real time and in a totally risk-free environment. To aid in and simplify the learning process, Wall Street Survivor offers unique features and personalization through a collaborative and social platform where users exchange valuable strategies and trading ideas with other traders and friends.
Launched in 2011, the privately held company has offices in Montreal and has 420,000 users across North America. http://beta.wallstreetsurvivor.com/
Bunchball is the industry leader in gamification, an innovative way of engaging users, motivating employees and increasing customer loyalty. Gamification works by integrating game mechanics into digital experiences in order to influence and motivate people. This helps drive a deeper, more compelling user experience, which leads to tangible business benefits, such as increased employee productivity, customer loyalty and revenues. Bunchball's cloud-based Nitro gamification platform is being used by some of the world's leading companies to create experiences that combine intuitive game mechanics with compelling content. Bunchball's customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit Bunchball online at www.bunchball.com.
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: bunchball, gamification, investment, financial education, wall street survivor, Marketwire, , HP, Financial, Wall Street, Internet Technology, Business, Other,