|Page (1) of 1 - 03/14/12||email article||print page|
Bunchball Launches First Personalized Gamification SolutionNitro Flamethrower Ushers in Next Generation Gamification (March 14, 2012)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/14/12 --
CORE NEWS FACTS
- Bunchball today announced the release of its Nitro Gamification Engine 4.3 -- codenamed Flamethrower. With this release, Bunchball is evolving gamification by giving businesses the ability to sustainably engage users with highly personalized, collaborative and rewarding game mechanics.
- First generation gamification is similar to first generation e-commerce solutions -- the same storefront for everyone. Initially, customers saw the same displayed items, deals and recommendations. First generation gamification was similar -- site-centric and focused on engaging the broadest known group of users via the same missions, challenges, achievements and rewards.
- Now, e-commerce vendors have a different store for each buyer that reflects that buyer's likes and dislikes, targeted recommendations and a clearly personalized feel. With Flamethrower, Bunchball has added the same personalization to gamification. Users expect an experience that speaks to their individual interests and preferences. They don't want generic, one-size fits all missions anymore, and it won't sustainably engage them. With Flamethrower, Bunchball customers can create personalized gamification programs aimed at meeting the interests of specific users.
- With Flamethrower, businesses target their gamification programs down to the individual user level:
- Personalization: Map the missions to the user
With Flamethrower you can create specific, relevant missions for users to maximize engagement and participation. For example, a sales organization might have inside sales people focused on generating leads, field sales reps focused on selling bigger deals to new clients with long sales cycles, and account managers responsible for growing business from existing accounts. Now, you can establish unique, personalized missions for each of those roles, all within the same environment and instance of Nitro, in any platform.
- Collaboration: Winning with others
With Flamethrower, Bunchball customers can create any number of teams based on any criteria, and create any number of specific goals and missions for that team to pursue. For example, the customer service team may have a mission to increase customer satisfaction by 25 percent this quarter, and the renewals team may have a mission to secure 10 renewals this month. When you're part of a team and responsible for that team's success or failure, you're highly motivated to participate and contribute to achieving team goals.
- Rewards: Gratification is Motivation
While badges help onboard and activate users in programs, the novelty fades quickly and users expect a more rewarding outcome. Whether getting access to exclusive content, collecting sets of virtual goods, or receiving recognition from peers, Flamethrower offers end-to-end fulfillment of virtual or physical rewards to keep users engaged via meaningful rewards. Nitro's redemption technology, coupled with loyalty merchandise partnerships, lets businesses engage their users more deeply and for the long haul.
- Personalization: Map the missions to the user
- For more information, visit www.bunchball.com.
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM RAJAT PAHARIA, FOUNDER & CPO, BUNCHBALL
"In 2007, Bunchball invented the gamification industry with the release of the Nitro Gamification Platform, giving businesses the technology and power to engage users with game mechanics in any digital experience. This is the biggest leap forward in gamification since that time. Today, users expect every digital experience to be personalized, collaborative and rewarding and we're giving businesses the power to meet those expectations with the Nitro Flamethrower release."
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM NICOLE POWERS, ENGAGEMENT DESIGNER, MARITZ (CUSTOMER)
"A gamification strategy is not 'one size fits all.' With Nitro Flamethrower, we'll be able to target challenges and missions to specific user segments. The best part is that we don't have to write any code because our admin console does it for us. The pre-built widgets cut our launch time in half. Now that our design team can control the user experience, we will be able to iterate and improve our engagement strategy on the fly which is critical to our industry."
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM BRIAN BLAU, ANALYST, GARTNER
"Brands and technology products can benefit from compelling user experiences. Providing integrated and personalized social engagement and gamification features is key to any system that intends to help companies better connect with their customers."
Bunchball is the industry leader in gamification, an innovative way of engaging users, motivating employees and increasing customer loyalty. Gamification works by integrating game mechanics into digital experiences in order to influence and motivate people. This helps drive a deeper, more compelling user experience, which leads to tangible business benefits, such as increased employee productivity, customer loyalty and revenues. Bunchball's cloud-based Nitro gamification platform is being used by some of the world's leading companies to create experiences that combine intuitive game mechanics with compelling content. Bunchball's customers include Warner Bros., Comcast, USA Network, Bravo and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, Correlation Ventures and Adobe Systems Incorporated. For more information, visit Bunchball online at www.bunchball.com.
Inner Circle Labs
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Bunchball, USA, Marketwire, , Business,