|Page (1) of 1 - 10/28/11||email article||print page|
Bunchball Accelerates Gamification Growth and Success IN Q3 2011Company Sees Mainstream Adoption of Gamification to Engage and Motivate Users (October 28, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/28/11 --
CORE NEWS FACTS
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today announced substantial company growth in Q3 2011.
- Bunchball's industry-leading Nitro gamification platform has now powered more than 14 billion actions to date.
- The company has seen more than 150 percent growth in bookings year-over-year, a four-fold increase in new business and a 90 percent renewal rate. September 2011 marks Bunchball's most successful month to date.
- The company increased its B2B client base five-fold with new enterprise customers and has extended its reach into various industries including technology, automotive, marketing, CPG and sports.
- Bunchball also announced its work with the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards. Gamification was used to encourage viewership, build anticipation for the show and make the event website an engaging destination for visitors.
- Bunchball is also teaming up with Adobe to create LevelUp for Photoshop, which assists and encourages use of the software by offering points and rewards for learning basic skills.
- At the recent JiveWorld event, Bunchball announced that it is creating Nitro for Jive, which uses rewards, status, achievement, competition and real-time feedback as motivation for users of the platform.
- In Q3 2011, Bunchball released two new solutions:
- Nitro for Salesforce which provides an easy, automated way to motivate salespeople by bringing game mechanics to Salesforce.com. This product was the winner of AppQuest '11 at Dreamforce, an annual search to find the next wave of innovative cloud apps built on Force.com technologies.
- Nitro Elements, a series of self-serve, do-it-yourself gamification apps designed to increase time-on-site, engagement, sharing and traffic monetization. Currently, the solution is comprised of two apps:
- FanBox which helps website owners increase content consumption and engagement by rewarding users for completing actions like tweeting, watching a video or engaging with brands on Facebook.
- GameBox which helps companies increase daily visits, time-on-site and monetization opportunities by engaging consumers through popular social games like online poker.
- To support Bunchball's continued growth and momentum, the company added two new senior executives:
- Lori Macias joins Bunchball as the vice president of market solutions. Previously, Lori held positions as the senior vice president at Betawave, and global market research manager, senior sales producer and director of front page marketing solutions at Yahoo!. In her role at Bunchball, Lori will assess market expansion opportunities, drive growth into new segments and influence Bunchball's product roadmap.
- Barry Kirk joins Bunchball as vice president of channel management, loyalty and motivation. In his new role, Barry will focus on expanding Bunchball's relationships with key partners in the loyalty and motivation industry, while further extending Bunchball's lead in evangelizing gamification as a strategy to drive higher performance from loyalty, employee recognition and channel incentive programs. Prior to Bunchball, Barry worked at Maritz, one of the world's largest employee motivation and customer loyalty firms.
KEY INDUSTRY STATISTICS AND FACTS
- 55 percent of Americans would like to work for a company that uses gamification to increase productivity. (1)
- The gamification market is expected to grow to more than $2.8 billion by 2016. (2)
- Leading gamification vendors are expecting 197 percent growth in 2012. (2)
- Tips from the Expert's Playbook
- Nitro for Salesforce
- Saatchi S Perspective (video of Rajat Paharia, founder of Bunchball, discussing gamification)
PRE-APPROVED QUOTE FROM JIM SCULLION, CEO, BUNCHBALL
"In the past year, gamification has emerged as a key technology for influencing employee motivation and retention as well as driving customer engagement. As the gamification industry approaches its fifth year, we see a growing number of business cases for gamification emerging in the market. Gamification companies now need to deliver scalable, proven applications that sustainably address real business problems and deliver on customer needs as the norm, not the exception."
Bunchball is the industry leader in gamification, an innovative way of engaging users, motivating employees and increasing customer loyalty. Gamification works by integrating game mechanics into digital experiences in order to influence and motivate people. This helps drive a deeper, more compelling user experience, which leads to tangible business benefits, such as increased employee productivity, customer loyalty and revenues. Bunchball's Nitro gamification platform is being used by some of the world's leading companies to create experiences that combine intuitive game mechanics with compelling content. Bunchball's customers include Warner Bros., Comcast, USA Network, Bravo and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, Correlation Ventures and Adobe Systems Incorporated. For more information, visit Bunchball online at www.bunchball.com.
1. New Study From Saatchi & Saatchi S Shows Majority of Americans Want Gamification at Work and From Brands
2. M2 Research finding from "Gamification Vendor Survey Results - Fall 2011"
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1781520
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1781516
Inner Circle Labs
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Bunchball, USA,Marketwire, ,Sports,Music,Business,Sports,