|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/06||email article||print page|
BubbleShare Announces Enhanced Photo and Voice Sharing ServiceNew Features Extend User Experience and Expand Market Opportunities (April 04, 2006)
With the Desktop BubbleBar, BubbleShare users enjoy the simplicity performing their every day computing tasks while watching their favorite photos as they are streamed across the desktop. Photos sent by friends and family appear automatically and are easily accessible without the extra steps of launching a browser window or opening an e-mail application.
"Our users requested easier ways to enjoy, track, and maintain photos outside of the browser and their e-mail applications, and we are happy to provide that flexibility," said Albert Lai, Founder and CEO of BubbleShare. "People who opt for registration can let BubbleShare do the heavy lifting with the Desktop BubbleBar, which delivers newly-received photos to the desktop as they arrive. Registered users can also view and track their albums under their umbrella account, while people looking for an extra-fast, extra-easy way to e-mail their story albums to friends and family can do so via our private, registration-free service."
BubbleShare is the first no-registration-required, voice caption-enabled service for sharing story albums over the Internet. Recently launched at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, BubbleShare has garnered the attention of users and Web 2.0 analysts alike as the "easiest to use" and "fastest growing" online photo sharing service. PC Magazine has called BubbleShare "one of the Web's most elegant and intuitive photo sites," and TechCrunch has labeled BubbleShare "wonderful, and ridiculously easy to use."
With the addition of the Desktop BubbleBar, BubbleShare brings more convenience and control over the photo sharing experience to Microsoft Windows users. BubbleBar capabilities include:
- Automatic streaming of BubbleShare photos directly to the desktop.
- Easy-to-view details and comments. Users simply hover the mouse over their BubbleBar-based photos to "bubble them up" and view details and comments made others.
- Quick-launch of browser. Users click on a photo load it into their Web browser, where they can view higher-resolution versions of the photos and add comments.
- User-controlled originals. All photos are stored locally for easy access.
- Free screen saver displays all of the BubbleShare photos users have received or sent.
- Best of Community" feature lets users bookmark any of the thousands of albums they like and automatically receive them in their Desktop BubbleBar.
- Refined user experience, with no registration required, and the ability to initiate photo upload/sharing from a single button on the front page.
- Registration available (but not required) to provide a customized experience with easy album tracking.
- A "My Albums" tab that displays all of the user's story albums in a single location.
- A "Received Albums" tab to keep track of albums received from other users.
- Variable-speed page-throughs, using the slidebar to speed or slow down album viewing.
- The ability to bookmark favorite albums within the BubbleShare community.
- BubbleWidget for Macintosh that lets Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger users easily view all albums created or bookmarked right on their Macintosh desktop.
- Support for "PhotoCasting," which allows you and your friends to subscribe to your story albums using iPhoto -- every time the album is modified, new photos instantly appear.
- Smart audio, where audio icon appears only when a user has added an audio caption to a photo.
The Desktop BubbleBar works on Windows XP and 2000 systems, and requires the .NET 2.0 framework, included with the download. Users who have registered for a free BubbleShare account can download the Desktop BubbleBar at www.bubbleshare.com/bubblebar.
The Macintosh equivalent to the BubbleBar -- The Bubble Widget -- downloads all personal photos (sent and received) automatically and displays them in a picture frame. Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger is required. The Bubble Widget can be downloaded from www.bubbleshare.com/tools.
Toronto-based BubbleShare is the first zero-registration-required, "click-and-tell" photo-sharing service to help people tell stories in their own voice. Designed to provide a simpler way to upload and share photos, BubbleShare lets users quickly and intuitively create and email story albums to friends and family privately, with the option for making albums public within the BubbleShare community. BubbleShare's outstanding user interface and feature set have won accolades from users and the press alike, described as: "ridiculously easy to use," "just wonderful," and "sheer simplicity." For more information, please visit www.bubbleshare.com or call 647.885.1897.
Related Keywords:digital lifestyle, photo, voip, bubblebar, desktop, web 2.0, digital camera, bubbleshare, iPhoto, widget, Albert Lai, internet
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved