|Page (1) of 1 - 11/14/11||email article||print page|
Briox Launches Beta Riversip Tech Reader App as the Efficient Way to Stay on Top of Technology NewsPowerful and Informative New App "Cuts Through the Clutter" to Help Save Time, Delivering the Key Tech News You Care About the Most (November 14, 2011)
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/14/11 -- Briox Ltd, today announced the beta launch of the new Riversip Tech Reader (http://www.riversip.com), the mobile app that helps you efficiently stay on top of tech news in a stress-free way. Available today in the iTunes App store, this iOS app is designed to be the ideal tech news reader for busy and on-the-go consumers and professionals. The Riversip Tech Reader is the first consumer app based on the Riversip platform, Briox' unique content consumption platform.
Unlike other news readers which focus on content discovery or on real-time news, Riversip is focused on efficient news consumption -- bringing the reader up-to-date on the biggest news items a consumer might have missed, in the quickest way possible. Riversip's main goal is to update a user on their news of interest, and then enables you to further drill down and explore further news as a user's time allows. Riversip achieves this convenient functionality by adapting the flow of news to your time, instead of forcing you to chase the ever-flowing stream of online information and updates.
"While there are a number of great news readers in the market today, we felt there's a need to cater to people who don't necessarily have a lot of reading time on their hands. Riversip aims to give a busy person an effective way to be in-the-know, without having a rigorous reading routine," said Briox Co-Founder Itamar Rogel. "With so much tech news happening so quickly today, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Our aim is simply to give a user the soothing feeling of 'I know what's going on', without having to work at it."
Riversip's key features include:
- Summaries of major tech news: Prioritized according to "prominence," which represents relevant attention for a news item
- Time warping: View important news items for a time perspective that fits your personal pace (latest, day or week), as edited for each individual user
- Great results from the first moment: The app adapts to your source preferences and your social graph. Each user gets relevant results immediately, as the prioritization is based on vertical relevance
- News-focused social chatter: Riversip groups Tweets relating to news events and shows them all together, so you can see the relevant chatter around the news events from your Twitter network
- Expanded coverage for each news event: See all the sources which have covered the news, including previews of the stories, in one place. This is ideal for journalists and bloggers
- Customization: Customize a list of tech topics and use the "My News" feature to receive a summary of the tech news, only for the topics a user is interested in
- Search: Search for items classified under specific topic, or free text
- Easy Share: Share key items on social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter
Designed with a unique mission, Riversip provides tech-interested consumers and professionals with numerous benefits that other news readers do not. This includes prioritized summaries, time-warping, unifying coverage, chatter and more. These abilities are made possible by Briox' advanced content consumption platform and its unique "algo-social" approach, combining sophisticated algorithms that analyze content with the ability of people to judge content and decide how significant it is, as reflected in online activity and social channels. This approach helps Riversip determine the most important and newsworthy tech events. With Riversip, there is no more sifting through long feeds and multiple articles covering the same news. Instead, fire up the app and immediately get up-to-date on key news.
Riversip also brings its fresh, focused approach to the social chatter around the news. It allows users to see what people they follow on Twitter had to say about the latest news events, without sifting through their Twitter stream. It uses this information to perform personalized news prioritization as well.
About Riversip Tech Reader
Riversip Tech Reader is the stress-free way to stay on top of the latest tech news. The app provides consumers and professionals with the top tech articles in a time-saving, simple and efficient way.
Briox, the developer of the Riversip platform, was founded by Nati Berkover and Itamar Rogel. Briox has deep expertise in data fusion and information processing algorithms, which the company has leveraged to create the Riversip platform. The platform's foundation is also being used in enterprise systems which deal with deep professional topics. Riversip Tech Reader is the first consumer application based on this platform -- the first in a chain of releases aimed to bring empowered content consumption solutions to consumers and professionals at large. For more information, please visit www.Riversip.com
Natron Communications for Briox and Riversip
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Briox, Ltd, Israel, Marketwire, , Computer Science, Other,