|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
BrightScope Highlights List of Top 25 Austin Area-Based RIA FirmsYacktman Asset Management Co. Comes in at No. 1 With $13.7B, While Robert Harrell, Incorporated Takes the No. 2. Spot with $3.3B in Total Assets Under Management (April 25, 2012)
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced the Top 25 Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firms in the Austin area, focused on individual money management, with the greatest amount of assets under management. This list is part of the series that BrightScope regularly issues to highlight data contained within its Advisor Pages, a breakthrough way for people to discover, research, and select a financial advisor.
"With BrightScope Advisor Pages we have liberated and indexed SEC and FINRA data about financial advisors into an intuitive and innovative search engine," said Mike Alfred, CEO and co-founder of BrightScope. "We took information that was once extremely opaque and difficult for Americans to obtain, and have successfully re-positioned it into a comprehensive online database that has not been achievable in the financial management sphere until now."
By aggregating hard-to-discover but publicly available information on advisors, BrightScope has created a free, easy-to-use database that is searchable from multiple dimensions. BrightScope's Advisor Pages features the data most critical to investors tasked with making an informed decision on which financial professional best meets their needs, including location, qualifications, amount and types of assets under management, area of specialty, legal disputes, formal complaints and more.
Top 25 Austin area-based advisors by total assets under management:
Company -- Total assets under management
1. Yacktman Asset Management Co. -- $13.7B
2. Robert Harrell, Incorporated -- $3.3B
3. Century Management -- $1.9B
4. Hester Capital Management, L.L.C. -- $1.0B
5. Price Wealth Management, Inc. -- $770.8M
6. Durbin Bennett Peterson Private Wealth Management, LLP -- $654.2M
7. Terry Mcdaniel & Company -- $643.1M
8. Austin Asset Management Co. -- $463.2M
9. Bares Capital Management, Inc. -- $455.4M
10. Financial Management Professionals Inc. -- $415.8M
11. Ml&R Wealth Management LLC -- $350.5M
12. Richard P. Slaughter Associates, Inc. -- $269.8M
13. Beck Capital Management LLC -- $215.0M
14. Brainard Capital Management LLC -- $150.3M
15. Virtus Private Wealth Management -- $102.0M
16. Davis & Wehrle, LLC -- $94.6M
17. Bird Rock Asset Management, Lp -- $92.2M
18. Barnett Financial, Inc. -- $91.0M
19. Kenjol Capital Management -- $90.5M
20. Investors Advantage LLC -- $74.5M
21. Stone Asset Management, Inc. -- $48.2M
22. JWKodak Capital Management LLC -- $44.0M
23. Steven Ayers & Company -- $39.1M
24. Blackhaw Wealth Management, LLC -- $38.0M
25. Jones Villalta Asset Management, LLC -- $33.3M
BrightScope obtains its data directly from publicly available sources, including required regulatory filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission. Financial advisors can augment these primary sources by claiming their BrightScope Advisor Page. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope now provides unparalleled insight into the financial management industry.
For more information about BrightScope Advisor Pages or to find information on a financial advisor, please visit http://www.brightscope.com/financial-planning/find/advisor/.
BrightScope is a financial information company that brings transparency to opaque markets through independent research and analysis. Delivered through web-based software, BrightScope data drives better decision-making for individual investors, corporate plan sponsors, asset managers, broker-dealers, and financial advisors. The BrightScope Rating, developed in partnership with leading independent 401k fiduciaries, reviews more than 200 unique data inputs per plan and calculates a single numerical score which defines plan quality at the company level. In April 2011, the company launched BrightScope Advisor Pages, the first comprehensive and publicly available directory of financial advisors designed to help consumers discover information and conduct due diligence on wealth management professionals. BrightScope also markets a suite of data analytics software products to Fortune 1000 companies, asset managers, broker-dealers, financial advisors, and other market participants. Public ratings for more than 46,000 retirement plans as well as rating definitions, criteria and methodologies, and information on more than 575,000 financial advisors and 45,000 advisory firms are available for free at www.brightscope.com.
Atomic PR for BrightScope
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: 401k, Retirement, BrightScope Rating, Seminar, Investing, Human Resource, Financial Advisor, Marketwire, , Financial, Asset Management, Other,