|Page (1) of 1 - 10/18/11||email article||print page|
BreakingPoint to Conduct Chicago-Scale Mobility Test During 4G World 2011, Demonstrating How to Optimize and Harden the Resiliency of LTE InfrastructuresUsing One 4U Device, BreakingPoint Will Show Attendees How to Test LTE Networks Using the Behavior of Tens of Millions of Mobile Users Streaming, Talking, Texting and Spreading Malware (October 18, 2011)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 10/18/11 -- BreakingPoint, the leader in massive-scale LTE testing, today announced plans to conduct a live city-scale LTE emulation during 4G World 2011 in Chicago. Attendees will watch a single BreakingPoint CTM create the real-world behavior of more than 10 million mobile users, greater than the population of the Chicagoland area. This unprecedented scale provides customers the ability to easily test and validate large-scale LTE networks to ensure infrastructure resiliency under massive user load and attack.
Massive Scale and Cost-Effective LTE Testing
BreakingPoint provides the only fully integrated LTE testing solution that generates massive-scale application and attack traffic over mobile infrastructures -- from the handset and tower -- through the backhaul Evolved Packet Core (EPC). During 4G World, BreakingPoint will demonstrate several features including:
- Tens of thousands of live attacks including mobile malware, malformed traffic and DDoS attacks to help eradicate mobile threats on IT infrastructure
- Mobility testing API that enables real-time emulation of subscriber data usage for validating accounting and control capabilities of LTE equipment.
- BreakingPoint's intuitive single-screen LTE testing interface that can:
- Emulate key LTE network components, including millions of UEs and thousands of eNodeBs, plus mobility management entities (MMEs) and serving gateways (SGWs)
- Create the behavior of up to 18 million concurrent mobile users for just pennies per UE
- Evaluate application-aware devices in both 3G and LTE environments with support for GTPv1 and GTPv2
- Stress each element of an LTE infrastructure under real-world conditions, allowing service providers and equipment manufacturers to harden security, optimize performance and stabilize systems
"The unprecedented scale of LTE/4G networks makes optimizing the resiliency of their underlying infrastructures a logistical, economical and functional challenge when using traditional mobility testing systems," said Scott Register, BreakingPoint's director of product management. "As BreakingPoint will demonstrate during 4G World 2011, it is now possible to cost-effectively simulate the exact behavior of millions of mobile users using a compact device and a fully integrated LTE/4G testing lab that takes only minutes to configure. And by harnessing BreakingPoint's mobility testing solutions, customers are dramatically reducing -- to just pennies per mobile device -- the costs associated with generating LTE user behavior."
For more information on BreakingPoint mobility testing solutions and to schedule a personalized demonstration, visit www.breakingpoint.com/lte.
BreakingPoint next-generation performance and security testing products harden the resiliency of vulnerable converged networks and train cyber warriors by creating the business, recreational and malicious actions of millions of wired and wireless application users. With the industry's only line of compact, easy-to-use and ever-current products, BreakingPoint provides the precise mix of application and security attack traffic required to evaluate high performance network devices, harden network security, test LTE infrastructures and optimize virtualized data centers.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1769236
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: lte testing, 4g testing, mobile malware, lte emulation, lte performance, lte security, Broadcast, Management, Streaming, Business, Internet Media, Marketwire, , Business,