|Page (1) of 1 - 10/19/11||email article||print page|
BreakingPoint Releases Hundreds of Live Mobile Malware Attacks, Helping Eradicate These Threats on All Major Mobile PlatformsLive Demonstration of BreakingPoint's Mobility Testing Capabilities, Including Live Mobile Malware, in Booth 1228 at 4G World 2011 (October 19, 2011)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 10/19/11 -- BreakingPoint has released hundreds of live mobile malware attacks covering all phone platforms from Android® and BlackBerry® to iPhone®. BreakingPoint's complete performance and security testing solution enables users to test wired and mobile network devices and systems. BreakingPoint products provide the only means to create massive-scale load from hundreds of applications along with attacks from tens of thousands of popular threats including DoS, spam, malware and mobile malware. Live demonstrations of BreakingPoint's mobility testing solutions will be performed next week in Booth 1228 during 4G World 2011.
Mobile malware threats grew by 250 percent in the past year,(1) placing mobile phone users and corporate organizations in potential danger similar to that from traditional malware, which already creates worldwide economic damage in the billions of dollars.(2) BreakingPoint introduced mobile malware testing to help users in their quest to test and verify that their network security defenses are protected against the growing mobile security threats.
Mobile landscape creating incredibly easy target for hackers
"The proliferation of enterprise devices on the mobile network, and out of the control of the IT organization, has created an incredibly easy target for hackers," said Dennis Cox, chief technology officer for BreakingPoint Systems. "While mainstream media focuses on the mobile privacy concerns of celebrities such as Rupert Murdoch and Scarlett Johansson, everyday people are watching as their trusted personal, business and financial data is compromised. Our customers are aggressively moving to ensure they, and their employees, are protected against this mobile threat. By adding hundreds of live mobile malware to our library of tens of thousands of attacks, BreakingPoint products are now the only way to validate that enterprise IT and mobile devices will recognize and prevent mobile malware threats before they inflict damage to users and businesses."
BreakingPoint mobile malware capability part of comprehensive mobility testing solution
BreakingPoint's mobility testing is the only fully integrated solution for generating massive-scale application and attack traffic over LTE infrastructures -- from the handset and tower -- through the backhaul Evolved Packet Core (EPC). Working with BreakingPoint's intuitive single-screen interface and a single comprehensive, easy-to-maintain device, users can:
- Emulate key LTE network components, including millions of user equipment (UE) and thousands of eNodeBs, plus mobility management entities (MMEs) and serving gateways (SGWs)
- Create the behavior of up to 18 million concurrent mobile users for just pennies per UE
- Evaluate application-aware devices in both 3G and LTE environments with support for GTPv1 and GTPv2
- Stress each element of an LTE/4G infrastructure under real-world conditions, allowing service providers and equipment manufacturers to harden security and optimize performance and stabilize systems
- Validate per-UE accounting, billing and policy mechanisms
BreakingPoint next-generation performance and security testing products harden the resiliency of vulnerable converged networks and train cyber warriors by creating the business, recreational and malicious actions of millions of wired and wireless application users. With the industry's only line of compact, easy-to-use and ever-current products, BreakingPoint provides the precise mix of application and security attack traffic required to evaluate high performance network devices, harden network security, test LTE infrastructures and optimize virtualized data centers.
(1) "Juniper Networks Opens the First Global Threat and Research Center Focused Exclusively on Secure Mobility: Findings show a 250 percent increase in malware from 2009 to 2010," Juniper Global Threat Center, Juniper Networks, Oct. 26, 2010, http://www.juniper.net/us/en/company/press-center/press-releases/2010/pr_2010_10_26-10_00.html.
(2) Eleanor McKenzie, "Computer Viruses & How They Affect Our Economy," eHow, last updated Oct. 5, 2011, http://www.ehow.com/info_8739209_computer-viruses-affect-economy.html.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1770951
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1770962
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile malware, lte testing, 4g testing, lte emulation, lte performance, lte security, Office Equipment, Applications, Security, Business Issues, Threats, Hackers, Wireless, Management, Finance/Accounting, Finance/Accounting, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Security, Financial, Communications Technology, Business, Spam,