|Page (1) of 1 - 06/28/02||email article||print page|
Boris FX Gains Mac OS X SupportVersion 6.1 adds new features and includes free DigiEffects filters
Boris FX includes features like animated apply modes, particles, motion blur, lighting effects, displacement maps, unlimited video layers and self-animating natural effects, such as snow, rain, fire and clouds. New features, aside from OS X support, include:
- Hundreds of customizable preset effects;
- Explosive particles and fast blurs;
- Lighting filters;
- Advanced keying and color correction filters;
- Displacement mapping for water and heat effects;
- 27 compositing apply modes;
- Pan and zoom large imported graphics;
- Support for third-party After Effects filters;
- Preview effects to RAM or disk with audio;
- 3D DVE, Shape Effects, Motion Blur;
- Four free filters from the DigiEffects Delerium filter set: Day for Night, Electrical Arcs, FireWorks and Fog Factory;
- The Intelligent Assistant for Boris FX (OS 9 only right now);
- OMF media import;
- Direct Show import.
The software also includes interface enhancements, including an improved library browser, multiple keyframe selection and timeline user marks with comments. The upgrade for version 6.1 runs $199. The full version for Macintosh or Windows runs $595. For more information, visit http://www.borisfx.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Boris FX Gains Mac OS X Support