|Page (1) of 1 - 04/05/02||email article||print page|
Boris FX Announces Continuum CompleteAfter Effects filter package supports Mac OS X
Continuum Complete's new features include new apply modes, the ability to mix apply modes in a single layer, advanced animation tools and new ways of managing multi-layer compositions. It also provides a Z Space compositing filter so that each layer has full 3D rotation capabilities with global 3D capabilities for hierarchical animation. Users can intersect layers in 3D space with soft cast shadows, 3D spotlights and motion blur.
Complete details of the package are not yet available, but some of the new filters include:
- Cartooner, which creates outline animations form video.
- Color Palette, which provides a number of options for choosing and saving colors, as well as linking them via Expressions in AE 5.5 or the FCP Viewer or Canvas window.
- PixelChooser, a standalone version of the PixelChooser parameters included in many Boris filters. The PixelChooser allows users to select pixels based on color channel values or geometric position.
- Time Displacement, which displaces pixels in time rather than in space. A separate map mixes pixels from the current frame with pixels from previous or future frames in the effect.
- Z Space III, which is capable of intersecting 3D plane and sphere objects in one scene.
Boris Continuum Complete will be available this quarter for $695. Registered users of Boris AE and Boris Continuum can upgrade for $199. For more information, visit http://www.borisfx.com.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Boris FX Announces Continuum Complete
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved