|Page (1) of 1 - 01/15/11||email article||print page|
Blue Mint Studios Launches an Educational Application for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch(January 15, 2011)
Austin, TX, January 15, 2011 --(PR.com)-- Blue Mint Studios yesterday announced the launch of a brand new iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch application, TapTot (http://taptot.com/), that offers a fun way for kids to learn their colors, shapes, numbers, and letters. TapTot exercises fine motor skills and increases memory retention of core pre-Kindergarten concepts, all while engaging the player with a simple and intuitive interface. Notable features include:
• One universal app for all your iOS devices, including native resolutions for the
iPhone at 960x640, iPad at 1024x768, and iPod touch.
• Players will encounter three levels of difficulty as they successfully choose the correct learning element. This allows the player to grow in skill and learn at their own pace.
• TapTot was created by video game developers with the guidance of an experienced educational speech pathologist to create the right mixture of fun and learning.
• Children with special needs, including those with Autism, have shown favorable improvement in following instruction and learning engagement while playing TapTot.
• TapTot is powered by Unity for iPhone (http://unity3d.com/)
• iOS 4.0 Multitasking support
"Developing TapTot over the last year has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had and it is my hope that people everywhere will enjoy it for its simple and engaging gameplay! I’ve seen kids ages 2 to 6 figure out how to play and enjoy it very quickly, and even parents seem to have some fun with it. I was overjoyed to hear kids with special needs seeing benefit from playing TapTot. That is completely awesome!,” said Chris, the programmer on TapTot for Blue Mint Studios.
Users can download the TapTot Application in any country where an iTunes Store is available.
This is the ﬁrst version of TapTot titled version 1.0.4138, and subsequent versions are planned to follow with the idea to add more functionality and content, as well as indeﬁnite updates as needed.
The app retails for $1.99 in the US app store and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch.
Media Contact: Chris – [email protected]
About Blue Mint Studios
Blue Mint Studios is a software development company operated by Chris Cowden and Gary Haus. Their goal is to create rich, engaging, and compelling experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop platforms. Chris came to Austin in 2005 for a programming job in the video game industry and hasn’t left since. Gary has been a professional computer graphics artist and designer since 1992 and has a wide range of experiences and skillsets that he pours into every project. Gary’s personal portfolio and previous work can be enjoyed at http://pixelmojo.com/
Blue Mint Studios
Click here to read the full story: Blue Mint Studios Launches an Educational Application for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
Copyright 2010 PR.com
Related Keywords:Lifestyle,Health & FitnessArts & Entertainment,Electronic Games,Education,K-12,Home & Family,Parenting,Technology,Apple,Games & Entertainment,Multimedia