|Page (1) of 1 - 11/08/11||email article||print page|
BlogHer Food Is Now the Sixth Largest Food Community Online With More Than 7 Million Unique Visitors Monthly (comScore)(November 08, 2011)
BELMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/11 -- BlogHer Inc., the leading participatory news, entertainment and information network for women online, announced today that its BlogHer Food vertical is now the sixth largest food community online, with more than 7.2 million unique visitors monthly, according to comScore (October 2011).
"We are incredibly proud to act as publisher for the influential, world-class food and recipe experts whose 300+ blogs are in the BlogHer Food Network," said Lisa Stone, CEO and Co-founder. "Recipes and cooking tips are core, but these blogs also offer a breadth of topics ranging from vegetarian to crock pot, healthy eating suggestions and frugal shopping tips that make our member blogs a daily destination with their readers."
Noting that women control 83% of household spending, Stone added, "In the current economy, quality matters -- and when our readers hit food blogs, they're looking for the right combination of ingredients and taste that they can trust -- and our member blogs supply that."
According to Nielsen Online @plan Release 3, 2011, of BlogHer's Food Readers:
- 72% are the grocery decision-maker in their household (17% above the online average)
- 43% more likely to frequently provide advice about food
- 32% more likely to purchase low-calorie foods
- 31% purchase fat-free foods (24% above the online average)
- 36% are interested in gourmet cooking (49% above the online average)
- 36% purchase environmentally-friendly products (39% above the online average)
- 54% more likely than the online average to be vegans or vegetarians
- 30% purchase natural or organic foods (61% above the online average)
- 33% more likely to purchase lactose-free foods
- 58% more likely to purchase gluten-free foods
- 73% used a quick serve (fast food) restaurant in the past week
- 84% had any soda consumption in the past week
BlogHer also recently announced its Fourth Annual BlogHer Food Conference in Seattle, Washington, which will take place in June 2012. More information about the conference can be found here: www.blogher.com/blogher-food-12.
For more information regarding BlogHer's research and data, please visit http://www.blogher.com/research.
Reaching more than 31 million women each month (Nielsen Site Census, October 2011), BlogHer (http://www.blogher.com) is the leading cross-platform media network created by, for and with women social media leaders. BlogHer developed and leads the marketplace with the most robust economic and networking opportunities for women in social media and brands seeking to engage in authentic and persuasive dialog with them. Founded in February 2005 by Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins and Lisa Stone, BlogHer publishes and syndicates news, information, advice and recommendations to and from 2,500 premium blogs, delivers uniquely insightful research on women in social media across interest areas, hosts the world's largest conferences for women in social media and curates a daily news service, BlogHer.com. BlogHer's investors are Venrock, GE/NBC Universal's Peacock Equity Fund, and Azure Capital Partners.
650-551-1364, x 245
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: women in business, startups, online media, blogging, social media, Networking, Marketwire, , Business, Entertainment, Women,